E juice in battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chabos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Boulder
Hey everyone, I just got a new EVOD system, and since my only previous experience has been with a simple Halo G6 (pen style vape with what looks almost identical to a T4 but with KR808 threads) that had top loading of juice, I have been spilling all over the place. I recently noticed a bad taste. It's not really a burnt taste, it's just a nasty aftertaste. This taste persisted when I switched to an unused T4 I had lying around too. When I was examining the battery, I noticed that there appears to be a tiny drop of e juice in the hole in the battery contact where it meets the clearo tube. Could this be the source of the nasty flavor I'm getting, or is that normal? And if it is causing the taste, can I stick a pipe cleaner a few mm into the battery to get the juice out?
Thanks,
chabos.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Here's what I do every night before retiring.
Remove tank from battery.
Refill tank
Clean battery contact, first w/91% alcohol on qtip and then with dry qtip
Place battery on charge.

A little preventative maintenance goes a long way.

Spilling juice? Do your juice bottles have fill tips on them? If not, you need a blunt end syringe to fill with.

chabos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Boulder
Thanks for the advice. And they do have fill tips on them, it's just that coming from a top wicking and loading clearo with a non removable coil, I keep doing stupid things like forgetting how quickly they fill up without the top wick blocking them, forgetting to plug the mouth piece when filling, and removing the coil from the base instead of the base from the battery. Thank god Mt. Baker juice is so cheap, or I would be banging my head against a wall right now.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
It's very common to have a little bit of juice there. If it is a lot, or is spilling or leaking over that, then you have issues. The advice you have gotten so far is good advice. Follow that, and you'll be good.
Lastly, the taste of your juice doesn't have anything to do with that little drop being on the battery contact. The taste comes from whatever device you have screwed on to your battery, so you can at least eliminate that as being the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread