E-Juice in Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeaux

May 11, 2020
Hey All,
I vape 6mg liquid and i wanna know, if i get a tiny amount of liquid in my hair or in my beard or something, would it damage the hair? i mean a tiny amount, like the tiny amount that seems to always be on the outer bit of the tank?
thanks, i know im probably being stupid or whatever but i wanna be sure im not doin damage :)

Vapeaux

May 11, 2020
hello,
would getting 6mg ejuice on my beard damage it. like the tiny amount that is on the outside of the tank going from my hand to my beard. (full disclosure i have ocd and im stupidly obsessed with the idea that my hair will fall out and never grow back if i get tiny amounts of ejuice in it. i know that this is probably very irrational but that what ocd is sooo)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Oh yes, and all five limbs will fall off.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well, for me, also having a beard, I just have those little single use alcohol prep wipes that I use on my mod and tanks. They are like $2 for 100 at Walmart. I don't really worry about juice and my beard, I worry more about general pollution and my entire body. Hair is fairly resilient, especially thick beard hair.

I prolly wipe down my mod and tank once every two or three days, usually after I fill the tank. Only takes one wipe.

When I get a bit OCD about something, ie, thinking un-naturally about an issue, I have been able to tell myself to relax. It took practice when I was younger, but eventually, I found it to work easier and easier. I think I was watching to many episodes of Monk.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
No. Well, I am more cautious when I handle straight nic in my DIY, but, even then, I just wash afterwards when I am cleaning my mixing tools.

Usually, when I use a prep pad, it is because my hands are just sweaty or dirty and not from juice leaking. Of note is that my toppers are all top airflow. Any change in the pressure just doesn't happen when the airflow hole is open.

Just another consideration. I still don't think that there is any reason to worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay so we are going to examine this logically. I know, you have OCD so it's rough, but let's give this a shot.

You are inhaling this stuff into your lungs. You have been for a while. Numerous studies have been conducted regarding the safety of vape liquids, especially compared to smoking. Your hands and hair are designed to me much tougher than your lungs. A little ejuice on them wont do anything.

Things you can try with your new fear, getting ejuice in your lungs/face/beard. Write down how you believe you will feel before any such things happen, wait 10 minutes before washing your hand or beard (do not wash your lungs, sorry) and see if it was better or worse than you imagined. Inspect them for any sign of damage, and if you can't trust you to do it get someone objective t do if for you.

You can certainly try many logical thoughts to combat the irrational ones, but distress tolerance is going to also have to be your pal here.

If you have a therapist, sic them on it. If you don't have one you may wish to obtain one. Unless you want medications (which is not always a terrible choice) I'd get someone trained in CBT.

If you want to go it alone this is one of the best and most comprehensive books on anxiety, phobias and etc .that I know of. https://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Phobia-Workbook-Edmund-Bourne/dp/1684034833/ref=dp_ob_image_bk

Good luck, OCD is a bit:censored:.
Anna

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'd rather have a bit of ejuice in my beard, rather than having some beard in my ejuice, just saying.

(but it won't affect your beard, hair is not alive. After 6 years of vaping, accidental spills (when the top pops off my bottle as I'm filling a tank) or slight weeps as I'm filling my old Nautilus mini, I have had no reactions. Of course, I wash as soon as I can.)

Actually, the stress of worrying if something could make your hair fall out could make your hair fall out.

Relax, vape, and smile as you know you aren't getting cancers from smoking!!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! No, it shouldn't damage your hair, although I'd advise you not to try doing it too many times. It works best in the tank, not in your hair. Small amounts of e juice can get on your skin when say filling a tank, but not so much to cause you ill effects. Nicotine is absorbed through the skin, but the amount in a few drops in minimal in almost all cases. Just wipe it off and no worries.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey All,
I vape 6mg liquid and i wanna know, if i get a tiny amount of liquid in my hair or in my beard or something, would it damage the hair? i mean a tiny amount, like the tiny amount that seems to always be on the outer bit of the tank?
thanks, i know im probably being stupid or whatever but i wanna be sure im not doin damage :)
Welcome and glad you joined.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
One thread is enough. No need to post the same silly question more than one time using multiple threads.

*https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/ejuice-and-hair.940999/

Given your response @UncleJunkle i'm not sure if i should open a thread about a similar topic.

Thing is i was making Mac and Cheese today and while the butter was melting i decided to replenish my tank while hovering over the stove...and yeah you guessed it,some drops of minty fresh e-liquid fell on the butter.

I finished cooking the Mac and Cheese and ate it all but now i am unsure if it was safe to eat or not.
Please reply ASAP,need a definite response before i use a toilet plunger to pump my stomach.

Cheers

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Given your response @UncleJunkle i'm not sure if i should open a thread about a similar topic.

Thing is i was making Mac and Cheese today and while the butter was melting i decided to replenish my tank while hovering over the stove...and yeah you guessed it,some drops of minty fresh e-liquid fell on the butter.

I finished cooking the Mac and Cheese and ate it all but now i am unsure if it was safe to eat or not.
    Please reply ASAP,need a definite response before i use a toilet plunger to pump my stomach.

Cheers

Well, as long as you only post one thread about it, then I don't see a problem with it. In fact, I hope you do post a thread about your "problem" because I have some choice answers for you :lol:

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

Cheers

So, how did the Mac and cheese turn out? The little hint of mint add to the aroma of melted cheese?

Reactions: Javichu

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hey All,

Get e-Liquid in your Hair shouldn't be all that much of a Problem.

But you might want to Order some of this just in case...

61yfuzdcvOL._SY450_.jpg

Cause Summer is Coming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread