E-juice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
I am fairly new to vaping...about a month... and have a dumb question about e-liquid.
All of my liquids where purchased at the same time...2 weeks ago. I just moved up to a Boge Leo from a 510 and all was well. The last couple of days or so my vapor and th has been off on all my liquids exept the double flavor RY4. The thinner liquids just seem to have lost their punch. The RY4 still performs as always. Do liquids go bad after a while and loose vapor and th? The RY4 is a little thicker and like I said, still works just fine. Is there anything I can do to correct this. When I use the thinner liquids, the vapor and th are almost non-existant...put the RY4 in and every thing is great. By the way..my juices are from Viking Vapor and are 18mg..but the RY4 is 30mg. Like I said, hav'nt had this problem untill the last couple of days...thanx for any input

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Liquids go bad eventually.....but not that fast. Sometimes your taste buds just change. Also, changing pvs can affect how a liquid vapes. Maybe the RY4 is hitting the spot because it's higher nic....that would affect the throat hit for sure. Try some liquids from other vendors, too...

Go back and try those same liquids on your 510 again. Are they better? It may have to do with changing your e-cig. Good luck....

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
hey i have a leo too and generally get a good th and vapor production from all my juices, no matter the pg vg ratio, of your about a month in then my guess is your tast buds, i still go through it every now and then, i like to keep some super strong flavors aropund for days like those, coffee, cinnomon ect, if u can get just one strong flavor and see if that fixes your problem for now then go back to your usualls and see if it got better, good luck and have a good day!-)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Shouldn't go bad that fast unless you leave them uncapped or near heat or in the sun or something.

Are you using cart and atomizer? Ever cleaned your atomizer? I have 3 attys. One is a total spare. The other two I alternate weekly. Every weekend I prime the clean atty with 3-4 drops of juice, wait a minute, then start using it. Then I clean the used atty...

(note - that piece of white or dirty wick inside or near the atty bridge is supposed to be there - occasionally somebody thinks it is stuffing and yanks it - not a good idea since it wicks the jucie from the carts)

First look at the atty to seek how dirty it is. I blow out the used atty into a tissue. Then I used to just soak it in alcohol but I found near-boiling water seems to work better. I boil some water then take it off the burner. Get a bowl and some tongs. I fill the bowl with the very hot water, put the atty in, use tongs to scoop some of the hot water through it several times. Then I tilt it underwater to make sure all air bubbles are out of it and let it sit for 15 minutes. Now scoop water through it again to rinse out whatever dissolved or you could hold it under gently running hot water. If it still looks gunked up, reheat the pot of water and repeat. When it looks clean or at least cleanish, shake and blow it out, dry the outside with a towel and set to air dey or use a blow dryer. When dry, remember to prime with juice before use.

And get a spare atty if you don't have one so can alternate them (as well as have a spare if one dies)

Juice - that thin stuff is probably 100% PG juice from China - certainly not the pinnacle of ejuice. Backwoods Brew is a good juice vendor. I also like FreedomSmokeUSA.

Note - after the atty is cleaned, if it still tastes bad, the wick under the atty bridge may have been more than dirty - it may have been singed at some point during use.

And re taste - remember to let you nose smell some vapor.

Last edited:

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
shouldn't go bad that fast unless you leave them uncapped or near heat or in the sun or something.

Are you using cart and atomizer? Ever cleaned your atomizer? I have 3 attys. One is a total spare. The other two i alternate weekly. Every weekend i prime the clean atty with 3-4 drops of juice, wait a minute, then start using it. Then i clean the used atty...

(note - that piece of white or dirty wick inside or near the atty bridge is supposed to be there - occasionally somebody thinks it is stuffing and yanks it - not a good idea since it wicks the jucie from the carts)

first look at the atty to seek how dirty it is. I blow out the used atty into a tissue. Then i used to just soak it in alcohol but i found near-boiling water seems to work better. I boil some water then take it off the burner. Get a bowl and some tongs. I fill the bowl with the very hot water, put the atty in, use tongs to scoop some of the hot water through it several times. Then i tilt it underwater to make sure all air bubbles are out of it and let it sit for 15 minutes. Now scoop water through it again to rinse out whatever dissolved or you could hold it under gently running hot water. If it still looks gunked up, reheat the pot of water and repeat. When it looks clean or at least cleanish, shake and blow it out, dry the outside with a towel and set to air dey or use a blow dryer. When dry, remember to prime with juice before use.

And get a spare atty if you don't have one so can alternate them (as well as have a spare if one dies)

juice - that thin stuff is probably 100% pg juice from china - certainly not the pinnacle of ejuice. Backwoods brew is a good juice vendor. I also like freedomsmokeusa.

Note - after the atty is cleaned, if it still tastes bad, the wick under the atty bridge may have been more than dirty - it may have been singed at some point during use.

And re taste - remember to let you nose smell some vapor.

the juices are 70/30 i believe, i know they are a mix, just cant remember the ratio. And i have cleaned the atty and did a dry burn before adding a couple drops..still weak exept the ry4....this just started happening. Guess i'll just have to try some new juice and see what happens...thanx for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread