Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Cherry picked flavors. Doesn't say the chemicals, so it's safe to assume they are chemicals everyone knows (or should know by now) are risky.
Note the study does go by chemicals, diacetyl, cinnamaldehyde, acetoin, pentanedione, o-vanillin, maltol and coumarin. How long have we known about those and good vape flavoring companys take measures to avoid them?
It's not the blanket flavors, it's the chemicals some of those flavors use.

I would hate to be the one to inform them there's inhalation going on with cooking, baking and eating.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Discussion
E-cigarettes hold the popular misconception that they have relatively less or no harm to the consumer's health in contrast to conventional combustible tobacco due to lack of sufficient evidence to prove its harmful effects.
So it's a misconception that e-cigarettes are less harmful that smoking?

Seriously?

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Cherry picked flavors. Doesn't say the chemicals, so it's safe to assume they are chemicals everyone knows (or should know by now) are risky.
Note the study does go by chemicals, diacetyl, cinnamaldehyde, acetoin, pentanedione, o-vanillin, maltol and coumarin. How long have we known about those and good vape flavoring companys take measures to avoid them?
It's not the blanket flavors, it's the chemicals some of those flavors use.

I would hate to be the one to inform them there's inhalation going on with cooking, baking and eating.
WE have known about and avoided all of these flavors for years. There are also the flavor makers that inform us of what chemicals their flavorings have and they may/may not be dangerous. Like TFA for example. Just another fear mongoring junk news article designed to insight fear/see how bad ecigs are.

• Agree
Reactions: Myk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Always thought it would provide some Perspective if when a Research Team made a Bar Graph such as this...

fphys-08-01130-g003.jpg

... that they would Include a Bar(s) next to the Control for Normalized Cell Viability for a Cigarette(s).

I Don't Dispute that some Flavorings at some Dosages can have Adverse Health effects. But without a Quantitative way to compare such Harm to the Known Harm of Smoking, it is difficult to assess just how Meaningful/Relevant something like the above Bar Graph really is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread