E-Liquid Losing Flavour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a few friends who have been vaping for a few months now and as they never really smoked much they generally set their PVs aside for some time. Well one of my dearest friends just told me she pulled out some of her favorite flavours after about three weeks of leaving them sit in a cold dark place and they had all lost flavour. She shook them up, tried them on fresh cartomizers, clearomizers, different PVs an some have no flavouring and some have very weak flavouring.

Again I don't think its a tastebud kind of thing as she never really smoked before and she has tried it with different devices/delivery systems. Any clue what could be going on here and any way she can prevent this in the future?

They are in black plastic bottles instead of the semi-clear natural ones could this have something to do with it?

I dont have an answer for this but I'm curious too because I've had the same problem in a lesser time frame. My clearomizers I could swear lost the flavor in them from just a few days sitting idle. When picking them back up to vape again, the flavor was indeterminate. I have no idea which juice was the culprit, but the flavor did a dissapearing act. Anybody else know of this?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Dark bottles is good. Light, heat and air are the enemy of flavors and Nicotine. May need to shake the bottles. When you get juice fresh or if it's been sitting it needs to steep. Steeping is like when you make soup or chili it's better the next day after it's had time for the flavors to mix. Other factors are Nicotine level and the kinds of juice you vape. Something like cinnamon can dull your sense of taste as will higher levels of nicotine. Most of use went through a period in the first week or so where we got out sense of taste back too. My bet is that you need to shake the bottles before you put in your juice. One other possibility is that if you did not let it steep you may have gotten a blast of flavor the first drops and robbed some of it from the rest of the bottle.
Try shaking them up good before you use it. Some put the juice in warm water too or in a electronic jewelry cleaner if it's new juice or been sitting for a while. Hope this helps.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Some flavor extracts do that (fade really fast). They start out crazy good off the bat, then BAM 2 weeks later, you're vaping plain liquid. I think Faerie's Finest might've been one of those (can't really remember right now), but sometimes that's the only way to get the right flavor (like cream cheese - I love cream cheese). So if your supplier uses a flavoring that does that, you just have to vape it fast, while it's still insanely good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread