e liquid runs out faster when the coil is new ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
when i replace the coil i feel like the liquid runs out faster and that i vape much less a day when the coil is few days to a week old
maybe its because of the liquid that is soaked in the cotton of the coil after few days of use ?
maybe i vape more than i think when the coil is older and i just dont feel i do cause i vape the liquid that is in the cotton already ?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The flavor is best with clean new coil and wick (so new replacement atomizer head if you buy them)

As time goes on the more the coil gunks up and the wick gets a bit nasty too which all makes the taste of your ejuice go downhill... that process of time/gunking is faster with dark or sweet ejuices.

In short, as your coil goes bad, the taste goes south, and your likely to vape less because it's just not quite as yummy.

When you find the taste decrease, it's a sign you need a new coil...freinds dont let freinds vape on nasty coils..

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I concur with new mods soaking up a lot of juice.

I think AS the coil gunks up wicking capillary action decreases, due to the gunk. This means that it's "harder" to get a good hit and often folks (myself included until I figured it out) vape harder, draw harder, and still get less vapor. Although, that in and of itself can cause a person to use the coil less frequently.

Depending on the coil and gunk accumulation around it you can sometimes swab or rinse the coil (I prefer swab, if I'm doing it) and make things work (slightly) better for a bit longer, but to me decrease wicking is my "first" sign that the coil is about to die. These days I will usually remove it, because I have more setups and am not supremely worried about coil life, I get good coil life since I DIY and control my own gunking factors and etc. and also use RTAs

But, that's my "theory" (and it is a theory) on why this happens.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread