E-Liquid Staining eVod Mouthpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

emily33

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Anyone else have this issue?
I LOVE my eVod, it's the only thing that could replace direct dripping for me.
And I LOVE iVape's e-liquid. I mix the
Cinnamon 60/40 with Danish Cinnaswirl.
PROBLEM is after about 3 weeks, the clear tip/mouthpiece of the eVod starts looking stained. Then just keeps getting worse, and bad enough I don't want to use it in public, because it looks gross. (Reminds me of the end of a used cigarette filter)

The Cinnaswirl liquid is dark brown & the Cinnamon is kind of a bright mustard yellow. I was assuming the stain is coming from the actual color of the liquid. Does anyone know where the color comes from, or if it can be adjusted w/out changing taste?

Now recently I was told from another source, the staining was most likely caused by a corrosive or acidic e-liquid. Which doesn't sound good... not positive of what that really means in regards to what its actually made of, or if that would also mean its not good for someone to ingest?

I realllllllly do NOT want to change to another brand of e-liquid. It took me for ever, not to mention a lot of $ to find the one I liked best. So do any of you have suggestions or info on what could cause the sstaining, how it could be fixed, and if what's causing the stain could be harmful at all?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me :)
Emily

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Emily,

The cinnamon contains an alcohol that can react with the polycarbonate plastic in evod tanks. It's not corrosive, but it (like many other liquid flavor carriers) isn't appropriate for plastic tanks.

You shouldn't have any issues with an evod with the cinnaswirl. However the cinnamon flavor (along with any liquids containing citric acid, malic acid, or ethyl alcohol) can react poorly with certain plastic tanks.

emily33

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Humm, I wonder if that's why I like the cinnamon so much. Lol I mix it with everything, it seems to give more of a throat hit. That must be why.
So is bad or you or worse for you than liquids that don't contain acid/ethyl alcohol?
And last question, is it possible to adjust the color without changing the flavor or strength? I mean I understand that the chemicals are going to react with the plastic, but if the color of the Cinnaswirl wasnt so dark, maybe it would last a little longer before getting so stained?
(if not at least the evods are relatively cheap. I can't use the glass ones, I drop and knock it over all the time, I'd break it in a matter of days)

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Emily,

We're building a new site where the liquids have their own product pages - there will be a descriptor there, and we already put it in the retail stores.

The color in the cinnaswirl is native to the flavoring so we can't make it lighter unless we add more flavor.

To my knowledge, and to the information given to me by chemists on the issue, there should be no difference in the safety of inhalation that we are aware of. However they do react with the polycarbonate plastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread