Status
Not open for further replies.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I find that about 2 weeks of setting in the bottle is enough to steep most of my juices. I have read that some people take the caps off - I don't. I do, though, shake the bottles once every day or so. I have also read somewhere on ECF about sitting the bottle in some warm water, but didn't pay much attention to it, so I can't help you there.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I often find flavors that I make that are just OK right after mixing are a lot better after a week or two.

I usually fill my wife's ultrasonic jewelry cleaner with hot water, and throw the fresh-mixed bottles in it. Seems to visibly blend everything better than a few minutes of shaking, haven't done a side by side comparison though.

tripleh3lix

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
West Hills
I often find flavors that I make that are just OK right after mixing are a lot better after a week or two.

I usually fill my wife's ultrasonic jewelry cleaner with hot water, and throw the fresh-mixed bottles in it. Seems to visibly blend everything better than a few minutes of shaking, haven't done a side by side comparison though.

Sweet thanks guys :D I already tried this last night, no noticeable change in flavor, but hopefully in the next few days :)

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
You really can't speed up the maturing proccess much. And I'm talking maybe a few hours faster. Most I would suggest ATLEAST a min of 4 - 5 days. But a week to 2 weeks is BEST. Lemme show you a pic of the steeping process I do.

73445_1569912222172_1666496707_1305712_8077949_n.jpg

And then there's a video on steeping: YouTube - Steeping Tips and Tricks

As far as the speeding up. I've tried warm water baths, ice baths, the fridge, the freezer, heating to 70 deg and ice bathing, all the way up to blow drying and dry ice (no lie) but the ONLY for sure method is to just wait it out. Sure you can take fine wine and force it to steep in warm water in 1 day, but does it taste as good as letting it set months or years? Nope. All good things need steep time. Including Chili, Stews, Pot Roasts, etc, etc, etc.. this includes e-liquid. Just give it a lil time. :)

tripleh3lix

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
West Hills
You really can't speed up the maturing proccess much. And I'm talking maybe a few hours faster. Most I would suggest ATLEAST a min of 4 - 5 days. But a week to 2 weeks is BEST. Lemme show you a pic of the steeping process I do.

73445_1569912222172_1666496707_1305712_8077949_n.jpg

And then there's a video on steeping: YouTube - Steeping Tips and Tricks

As far as the speeding up. I've tried warm water baths, ice baths, the fridge, the freezer, heating to 70 deg and ice bathing, all the way up to blow drying and dry ice (no lie) but the ONLY for sure method is to just wait it out. Sure you can take fine wine and force it to steep in warm water in 1 day, but does it taste as good as letting it set months or years? Nope. All good things need steep time. Including Chili, Stews, Pot Roasts, etc, etc, etc.. this includes e-liquid. Just give it a lil time. :)

Understood! yeah her e liquids seem to need more maturing than that of Tasty Vapor, but i'm sure it'll be worth it :)

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
Yup sl, "shake and vape". I first heard of aging e-juice about a week ago and it baffled me, I had been told "the fresher the better". To each his/her own, I guess.

must be a maturity problem on our part.... i know that when i create a new flavor there's no way that i'm waiting a week to taste it.... damn, my mom was right

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
must be a maturity problem on our part.... i know that when i create a new flavor there's no way that i'm waiting a week to taste it.... damn, my mom was right

I agree, I sure as hell don't wait a week to taste my diy, but I do find that the flavor changes over time. Its not really noticeable unless you don't vape it for a period though.

If I make a flavor and vape right away for a week straight, I don't notice much of a change, because it is gradual. However, if I make a flavor, taste it, then return to it a few days later, there is usually a distinct difference when I compare it to my original tasting notes.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread