• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e lites advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
well I've done some checking and it seems the e lites is an rn 4081 but not sure. they're not bad and have managed to refill the cartomizers. i bought 2 batteries with 2 cartomizers and a charger . total cost 21 pounds . the cartomizers are expensive 7.99 for two but i am hoping to get a week out of one . we'll see i suppose or find a cheaper alternative. if anybody knows where i can find them cheaper i would appreciate it.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Pfbar :)

There is nowhere in the UK that sells compatible cartomisers that fit e-lites. As you say though, you can refill them a few times before they wimp out. If you are a lightish vaper, you could get a week out of a cartomiser.

However, you really would do so much better to get yourself a better kit like a Riva or Ego with a 510 thread, then you would have such a massive choice of vendors to buy spares from. For instance, you can buy a pack of 5 Boge cartomisers from most UK vendors for under £6.00.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
yes i know what you are saying about 510 but i like the idea that i can walk down the road and buy spares. there are ten retailers local to me that sell e lites and they are not a bad price. it is just the cost of the cartomizers . but if i can get a week out of one then it will be cost effective . we will see i suppose. there must be a lot of people using e lites now its about time someone started undercuting them on price. overall i think they are not bad so far although i only invested in them yesterday morning . have been using my 801 passthrough for a couple of years and that provides way more vapour but i think i can do with less . we'll see what happens . down to 2 801 atomisers so have got a backup if the elites don't hit the spot. but so far they are doing ok.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Where abouts are you Pfbar out of interest.

So many of the good online vendors do undercut e-lites prices - but they just don't sell the same threaded e-cig. I'm not sure the e-lites is a 4081 any more - if it is, it's such old technology all the good vendors have moved on from it. I know you say it's convenient to just walk down the road & buy spares, but so many UK online vendors dispatch same day as order & it usually arrives next day. For instance, I ordered a Vamo from Vape Escape this afternoon, an hour later I had an email to say my order has been shipped & from past experience I'll receive it tomorrow.

Here is a list of good UK e-cig & e-liquid vendors -

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
i am in Derby . been vaping on and off for 3 years . gonna stick with it for now. for a few months anyway until it has paid for itself. still on the first cartomizer have topped it off quite a few times though. thanks for the replies. have been off the cigs for 4 months and in the year before that only smoked 19 roll ups . think i have finally kicked them into touch.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
i am in Derby . been vaping on and off for 3 years . gonna stick with it for now. for a few months anyway until it has paid for itself. still on the first cartomizer have topped it off quite a few times though. thanks for the replies. have been off the cigs for 4 months and in the year before that only smoked 19 roll ups . think i have finally kicked them into touch.

E-Lites - You pay for the pleasure of buying cartomizers that are 300% more expensive than home-filled or even pre-filled from other reputable vendors.

If you can get a week out of one cartridge, why don't you quit? If you understand dripping and passthroughs, why not just get some cartos from liberty flights or somewhere and get on with it.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
i don't understand why so many are against the e lites . they are currently selling more e cigs in the UK than anyone else. i was just seeing if anybody knows of a cheaper place to get the cartomizers . i think i might of found a match and that is vapourlites. if anybody is using vapourlites could you please tell me if they fit an e lites battery .

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
i don't understand why so many are against the e lites . they are currently selling more e cigs in the UK than anyone else. i was just seeing if anybody knows of a cheaper place to get the cartomizers . i think i might of found a match and that is vapourlites. if anybody is using vapourlites could you please tell me if they fit an e lites battery .

E-Lites are £7.99 for 2 cartridges, which don't do 400 puffs and can't provide enough nicotine for even the lightest of smokers. You can try refilling them, but they don't last long. YES, I've tried it.

There are hundreds of alternatives, but if you want to waste £3.99 per cartridge when you could be buying them for about £1.20, go ahead. Sorry to get so unfriendly about this, but I wasted £100s on E-Lites.

If you want to know about thread compatibility, try looking here

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Look-e-likes battery thread type

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sorry pfaber11,

I've got the wrong end of your O.P.

You want to get cheaper carts because you've already discovered
e lites are a rip off . there carts are well over priced . i am in the UK too . better to buy over the internet .

Well, you can't. That's the beauty of their product (from their point of view). I could get some from China (I know where) but that's not much use to you.

I'm not anti E-Lites. I'm anti the COST of E-Lites.

I'd happily have stayed on E-Lites, even with rotating lots of batteries, but it was costing me a vast amount of money.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
pfaber11, the main reason that folks in the know are against e-lites is because there are so much better & cheaper alternatives available.

As for vapourlites, even if they are compatible with e-lites, they are also overpriced.

And again they so over exaggerate what their cartos are the equivalent to -

"Each Tobacco cartomizer is the equivalent of up to 40 standard cigarettes, approximately 200 cigarettes in every one of our 5 packs. You should only use Vapourlites branded cartomizers with Vapourlites batteries and accessories."

Sigh! the sooner this sort of misleading advertising is stamped out the better IMHO.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sigh! the sooner this sort of misleading advertising is stamped out the better IMHO.

Agreed Chrissie.

One of the advantages of brands becoming popular is that sooner (than later) people start to sniff out the rats, and marketing that bends the legality of selling a product with inaccurate claims will eventually be brought to book.

It WILL happen, but sadly (for us) it spotlights the ever growing arguments about regulating the market.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I doubt it is anything you are doing wrong Pfaber. Never tried an e-lite myself, but read lots of posts from new members on AAE-C UK who have bought them & are looking for something better.

However, you should get more vapour from any e-cig if you use a higher % VG juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread