• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e-lites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You aren't being a pain at all Comski :)

The link in your above post is to a similar but better kit than your previous link. However, even though the battery has a higher mAh than most standard 510's, you are still not going to be able to use Lower Resistance atomisers/cartridges or dual coils on it. However, I do think you would find it an improvement on your e-lite, especially due to being able to buy much cheaper cartomisers to fit it :)

colkaz5

Dec 16, 2011
Lancashire
the shape isnt really a problem tbh comski. i got the steel colour and it actually looks quite good.
the size makes it well balanced in your hand
i was a bit apprehensive about the look because the one thing i really liked about the e lites was how real they looked, but then i thought why do i want it to look like a cig when i dont want to smoke?
hated that green light as well!!!!!
but if we were all the same the world would be very boring and so would this forum!!!!!
hope you get settled on one youre comfortable with mate.

comski

Dec 5, 2011
preston
lol Chrissie, this is were im getting confused.com lol
(you are still not going to be able to use Lower Resistance atomisers/cartridges or dual coils)
i dont understand sorry :confused:
Atomisers?(Standard Resistance)?
Cartomisers?
dual coils?
is this the same product?
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - 510-T
on all the sites its saying if its 510 fitting anything 510 will fit??

lol colkaz5 ,buddy its all confusing ahhhh! my heads done in not sure what 2do :?:
i feel like having a ... lol D'oh!

colkaz5

Dec 16, 2011
Lancashire
hang in there bud!!!!!
i'm no expert and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong, but it breaks down a bit like this:

the e lite has a battery (the white part) and the orange "tip" is called a cartomiser.
i stuck with cartomisers cos they just seemed an easier option.
cartomiser = cartridge + atomiser. inside the tip is the wadding that contains the juice, and an atomiser you cant see at the bottom. an atomiser is a coil that gets super hot when you draw on the cig, this heat vapourises the liquid and thats what you inhale.

the other option is to get the atomiser seperately and put a cartridge on top of it. the cartridge contains the liquid and works in the same way, its just that theyre seperate.

i'm a bit fuzzy on the SR / LR thing, but from what i can gather LR (low resistance) cartos burn hotter and produce more vapour and throat hit.
similarly dual coil has two elements inside and i think these do kind of the same thing.

510 is basically the thread size, and they make atomisers and cartomisers in that size.

i got some dual coil LR cartos but thought they got too hot and used a lot of juice, i am quite happy with standard ones
theres loads of threads on here about the different types and when starting out i think you just need to find something youre happy with then experiment more when youve found your feet.

as a starting point, if you like the way the e lites operate and their simplicity, you may prefer to go for cartomisers then try other things. thats what i did.

btw, you may come across 2 types of battery. automatic and manual. the e lites have an automatic battery. it works when you take a pull.
a manual battery has a button you press when you want to vape.

as i say, im new to this too and hope this info is correct (and understandable!!!)

Last edited:

colkaz5

Dec 16, 2011
Lancashire
PS. to use low resistance attys or cartos, the battery has to pack quite a punch or they'll just drain it, or it wont have the power to take advantage of the low resistance in the first place.
give yourself a bit of time with one method youre happy with. youll soon familiarise yourself with all the parts and then youll start understanding what everyone is going on about!!!!

sorry to waffle on but im bored to death in work!!!!!

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Some very good info there from Colkaz :)

No Comski, the 510T is just more or less a standard 510 battery with a "tank" style atomiser & tank cartridges. Again, as the battery is only 180 mAh, it's not going to last much longer than your e-lite between charges. The higher the mAh rating, the longer a battery lasts between charges.

Have a look at this thread on my UK e-cig forum, it's a short & sweet intro to some of the different models & some basic info with pics & vids :)

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Pics & Videos of e-cigs & how to get started

comski

Dec 5, 2011
preston
thanks Colkaz, Chrissie :)
thanks 4 keeping it simple :p Colkaz. hey dude you can waffle as much as you like buddy:)
just got my juice this morning and filled an empty e-lite cart, seems to work like a charm you get alot more vapour :vapor:

Chrissie thats a good site thanks loads of good info :) its in my bookmarks now.
i think im going to try this 1...
510 Mega Kit £24.99 - Basic Vaping Kits - 510 Mega Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid
as the batteries are 280mAh, as all the others are lower in the style i want, hope that makes sence...

with my juice they gave me a xmas gift of 20% off everthing in stock. this offer is valid throughout the whole month of january and while stocks last. E Cigarettes, E Liquid, E Juice from Totally Wicked
use this code at checkout NY2012.
im not advertising them or anything but if you can get anything cheaper using the code its all good :)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you really do want to stick to a slimmer e-cig, then that Mega 510 would be your best bet. But it's never going to compare to a Riva 1100 mAh for battery life.

And as for Totally Wicked - they are far more expensive than most other UK suppliers, but the 20% off will compensate :D

Here is a list of UK suppliers- any permanent discount codes shown next to each name -

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Recommended & new suppliers (e-cig/juice sellers)

comski

Dec 5, 2011
preston
happy new year :p
in the end i went for...
510 Mega Kit
10ml Bottle Virginia 18mg
Boge 510 Standard Resistance (5) Cartomisers
Jason at vapeescape was very helpful, said Cartomisers last about a week each ish. and there more economical in the long run.
said he would give me a free drip tip with the order, and i used the discount code from the link you posted Chrissie so got 10% off order thanks.
so should get it all next week sum time =)

comski

Dec 5, 2011
preston
Cartomisers or cartridges??
PG or VG??
got my 510 yesterday =) sweet, charged battery and filled a cart with the juice which is light in color and runny so i'm guessing its PG? mmm wasnt impressed hardly no vapour taste, filled a cartomiser it was better but not as good as my e-lites.
so used the juice from wicked darker in color and thicker VG? was a vast improvement in the cartomiser, but in the cart it seems to run out very fast??
the battery lasted about 1 1/2days =) i vape quite alot.
ive odered sum more juice this time 70/30 VG/PG to see if thats any better if not i'll have to get pure VG.

whats yr thoughts and what do you use PG VG carts cartomisers ect??

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Freedomvape's JAN15 code for 15% discount January makes their prices excellent, especially as it's free shipping to the UK :) Plus Kev is another really good bloke to deal with, so you wont go wrong with them Comski :)

Link for any other UKer's interested -
FreedomVape Online Store - Items - FreedomVape (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread