E-Power 18650... It's pretty darn durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
So I've had the E-Power 18650 for a week and a half or so and I'm really, really liking it. The battery life is insane. I've only run the battery completely down once, just to see how long it would last. I got roughly 30 hours of actual vaping time out of it. And I'm a pretty heavy vaper.

At work I carry it around with me all day. I had never tried to vape in my office before but I figured I would give it a shot and asked my boss if it was ok. I was shocked to find out that he actually knew what an ecig was. Apparently one of his friends uses one. He was totally cool with me using it at the office. Bonus.

So my office is on the second floor. Right outside my office there is a "loft" area overlooking the shop. I was leaning over the rail talking to one of the guys downstairs and had put the E-Power in my shirt pocket. Of course, it fell out. About a 15 foot drop onto concrete. My drip tip went flying but the unit held together. Picked it up and went right on vaping. :vapor: There are a few little scratches in the finish but they are hardly noticeable.

So if you were thinking about getting an E-Power but questioned its build quality or durability... It is a pretty darn durable unit.

Oh, and shockingly, even my XL Clearomizer survived! :w00t:

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
All hail the indestructibility of the E-Power! :thumbs:

A lanyard ring for it might be nice, though!
:vapor:

The only reason I put it in my shirt pocket is that I was afraid I would active the button if I put it in my jeans pocket. The switch is stiff enough that it isn't an issue though so I've been carrying it in my jeans pocket since. Haven't had a problem so far. I'm still going to order a button cover from SmokTek as soon as he gets them in.

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
The only reason I put it in my shirt pocket is that I was afraid I would active the button if I put it in my jeans pocket. The switch is stiff enough that it isn't an issue though so I've been carrying it in my jeans pocket since. Haven't had a problem so far. I'm still going to order a button cover from SmokTek as soon as he gets them in.

Weird, my e-power came with a button protector for this very reason! I mean.. I promptly lost that SoB.. but it did come with one!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I've been waiting to read more information on the forums about the E-Power in terms of easy-of-use and durability before recommending this to new people. I think your post was the one thing I really wanted to read. Thanks for posting this. I don't own one of these, but from what I've read so far, these are extremely nice PV's and should work well even for brand new vapers!

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Weird, my e-power came with a button protector for this very reason! I mean.. I promptly lost that SoB.. but it did come with one!

Yeah, I've noticed a few vendors that include the protectors in their kits. Mine, unfortunately, didn't. I guess I sort of assumed that since everyone else offered them that mine would come with one too. Ah, well. They don't cost much and I was gonna place an order this weekend anyway.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
I've been waiting to read more information on the forums about the E-Power in terms of easy-of-use and durability before recommending this to new people. I think your post was the one thing I really wanted to read. Thanks for posting this. I don't own one of these, but from what I've read so far, these are extremely nice PV's and should work well even for brand new vapers!

I really do love mine. I've definitely put it through its paces so far. It's been dropped off a second story loft, knocked off my desk multiple times, been used HEAVILY since the moment I opened the box, etc.

One thing I will recommend... Put a thin coating of Vaseline on the threads of the switch and the cone. The noise that it makes fresh out of the box when you screw/unscrew it is nerve-shattering. Nails on a chalkboard x 100.

But as far as performance, looks, battery life, durability, "usability", and "n00b-proof-ability", it gets two thumbs up. :thumbs:

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Try some Noalox for the threads, gemini. It's more conductive than Vaseline and a little bit goes a long way! I use it on the threads of all of my mods! Just don't put any on the threads of your atties or cartos!

Thanks for the tip. We have a ton of Noalox here at work. I will take a bit of it home with me and try it out.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
By the way, how do you like your 14650? How is the battery life on it?

Good, thanks - lovin' it so far!
I find that a whole day of heavy vaping, with dual-coil cartos, is easily done with one battery and no apparent drop in performance - I keep another battery in the charger and rotate them daily.
Some juices have really been re-invigorating my taste buds due to the higher voltage as well.

Gadd

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
ARKANSAS
I've had my 14650 for about three weeks now and I too love it. I get about 12-14 hours on a charge. The batteries way out last any carto I've tried on it, until the Ego Mega Dual Coil came along. I have not been able to try one of those on the epower yet because of the recessed thread issue, but have an adapter on the way from Madvapes. I have several of those cartos running on my ego batts, and love them. I believe that putting those cartos on the epower will be the perfect match.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Good, thanks - lovin' it so far!
I find that a whole day of heavy vaping, with dual-coil cartos, is easily done with one battery and no apparent drop in performance - I keep another battery in the charger and rotate them daily.
Some juices have really been re-invigorating my taste buds due to the higher voltage as well.

I was very close to getting the 14650. But I really wanted something that I wouldn't have to worry at all with about battery life. I know for a fact when I leave the house that my 18650 will last until I get home; and much longer. I chain-vape a lot of the time so I was afraid the 14650 wouldn't cut it. I'm still gonna pick one up for when I want something a bit smaller. I assume the size will be between my 1000mAh Ego and the 18650.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
I've had my 14650 for about three weeks now and I too love it. I get about 12-14 hours on a charge. The batteries way out last any carto I've tried on it, until the Ego Mega Dual Coil came along. I have not been able to try one of those on the epower yet because of the recessed thread issue, but have an adapter on the way from Madvapes. I have several of those cartos running on my ego batts, and love them. I believe that putting those cartos on the epower will be the perfect match.

I'm ordering my first Dual Coils tomorrow. I can't wait to try them. I've heard great things about them paired with the E-Power.

By the way, where in Arkansas are you from?

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Gemini, you will love the EMDC. Best I've ever found. I live in north central Arkansas. Mountain Home- just below the Missouri border. In the middle of the heat wave today!

I know the area well. My family owned an outdoor supply store there many years ago. And I still come up that way several times a year to fly fish. It is a really beautiful area.

And yeah, the heat wave is making things miserable here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread