Status
Not open for further replies.

Croissant

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
CO
If it does in fact have the blue LED switch as it says, it is a great little mod.
However if it has the white LED switch you had better keep it in a warm place or it won't even work with a 2ohm carto.
I would for sure make a phone call before I bought it.

I got an e-power when they first came out (GotVapes replacement parts kit for $23), and have used it enough to ware the plating off the switch housing.

i was gonna say... i have the E Power 14650 kit (ordered from CCV about a month ago) and it's been great, at least after messing around with the spring and throwing some noalox on the batt housing threads. this is the white LED switch version. i did notice however that when it gets really cold sometimes it won't fire, esp. with the 1.7ohm carto's..

in any case my friend, i would have to agree with both sides. my experience with litecig has always been premium, and while i personally do like the e-power, you might be better off waiting for smoktech to finalize their product. CS at litecig is pretty quick to respond though so i'd shoot them an e-mail.

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
well this company did not have a phone number, I've learned my lesson with ordering things from people who do not. Needless to say, I received my e-power today. To bad it has a white switch, oh yeah and it doesn't even work period. It actually burned up 2 of my carts. Awesome, to top it off they will not refund me, or pay for return shipping, or pay for the carts the product ruined. They offered me store credit or a replacement switch. I will not dish out another single cent to this company. The shipping was good etc, but crapy return policy and no phone number. Coupled with an incorrect product description.
Thanks for nothing litecigusa.net
this replacement switch better be blue.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
well this company did not have a phone number, I've learned my lesson with ordering things from people who do not. Needless to say, I received my e-power today. To bad it has a white switch, oh yeah and it doesn't even work period. It actually burned up 2 of my carts. Awesome, to top it off they will not refund me, or pay for return shipping, or pay for the carts the product ruined. They offered me store credit or a replacement switch. I will not dish out another single cent to this company. The shipping was good etc, but crapy return policy and no phone number. Coupled with an incorrect product description.
Thanks for nothing litecigusa.net
this replacement switch better be blue.

That really sucks man, I feel for ya. LitecigUSA has been a great experience for me, except the Dekang juice, and I think it's just Dekang juice in general (nasty).

Their listing for the E-Power 14650 specifically states this to be a Blue LED Switch: E Power Cig | E-Power 14650 | E-Power Electronic Cigarette

I'd see if this would be grounds for a refund, due to "bait-and-switch" for lack of a better term.

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
support@litecigusa.net

7:14 PM (19 minutes ago)

its not a problem at all. it seems the switch assembly on these units is pretty flaky. i have just pulled them from the site about 5 minutes ago. i will send you a switch asembly tomorrow. if you still have problems please let me know and we will issue a refund for the kit. also what kind of cartomizers did it fry?

They quickly rectified the situation with a great response I take back the previous comment. Their CS will keep me as a future customer in this case.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
If the vendor states on the website that the E-Power 14650 has the blue LED switch call or email them before purchase to make sure it is indeed the blue LED switch module. Why? Because the blue LED switches were sold with E-Power 14650 during the summer and into November. The previous E-Power switch was the soft button model, which had problems. Vendors hyped the much improved blue LED switch. The problem is some vendors don't update their websites that often.

I experienced this problem last week. A vendor was listing "manual blue LED switches" as replacement parts for the E-Power 14650. I ordered two. Instead, they sent me two white LED switches. The switches didn't work and I sent them back for a refund.

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
They quickly rectified the situation with a great response I take back the previous comment. Their CS will keep me as a future customer in this case.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear. It looks like you'll be getting a refund if it's still acting up, AND they'll be sending you some freebie carto's.

See :D

He's going to send me another switch, if it doesn't work out I still will just take store credit. I believe the blue switch thing was an oversight in this case. The fact he pulled the product from the site is like wow. Not to mention offered a refund, I'll just pick something else off the website. I like to do business with people who have good customer service and the better solution for both me and him is store credit because I'm still in need of an "on the go" device, and he wont lose a sale over a manufacturing defect he can not control. If I have to pay a few bucks for shipping no big deal.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
They quickly rectified the situation with a great response I take back the previous comment. Their CS will keep me as a future customer in this case.

He's going to send me another switch, if it doesn't work out I still will just take store credit. I believe the blue switch thing was an oversight in this case. The fact he pulled the product from the site is like wow. Not to mention offered a refund, I'll just pick something else off the website. I like to do business with people who have good customer service and the better solution for both me and him is store credit because I'm still in need of an "on the go" device, and he wont lose a sale over a manufacturing defect he can not control. If I have to pay a few bucks for shipping no big deal.

I'd personally go with their 510-N Torpedo. People claim it not to work with Dual Coil Carto's, but the one I received works great with DCC's and Dual Coil Atomizers as well, even 1.5ohm DCC's. The only issue I've had with it, is some of the wrappers on 18650 batteries are a little bigger than others, and since the battery tube is so tight, some won't fit. I had spares laying around, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The Torpedo is only $10 more, and they come with 3000mAh batteries, which are awesome.

You might try your luck with it depending on the outcome of the replacement switch.

rwguessjr

May 24, 2011
baton rouge
i have had this kit for allmost a year never had a problem with it. i dont like the little button. makes my thumb hurt after a while. and its hard to find in the dark.(driving in the car at night) i just upgraded to a lavatube and i am quite happy and prolly would have wanted to buy the tube in the first place but it wasnt offered then...

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I ordered the E-power with the 18650 battery. Can I expect the same "possible" switch issue? Anything else to report on this particular model?

...the 18650 model had been taken completely off the market a couple of months ago because of various QC issues...the ones which, are showing up on the shelves at this time, are a completely redesigned unit and no reports, positive or otherwise have shown up...we would all love to hear your experiences with it(preferably in a thread of its own)
madjack:2cool:

p.s. the new ones I am referring to have a batt tube and switch built together...I don't believe they have a cone either(but don't know that for sure)...........mj

Last edited:

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
Has anyone tried these mods with an 808 cart + adaptor? Are the new buttons hard plastic? This button does have a hint of blue in the back lighting, the 1st cart I tried was from a 501 kit, and the 2nd an old v2 kit with an adaptor. The adaptor meter checks good, and it works fine. I just got a reply saying he will just refund me in the morning, but I would feel awful if it was my fault. It also said "the buttons are indeed all blue"

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Thanks Madjack!! That sounds like the one I have on the way. I'll be sure to chime in fresh when it arrives. Wish me luck!!

Do you put the battery in thru the bottom. If so thats the eGo-E-Power, not the new 18650. I havent heard much about it but it seems okay. Only thing I dont like is that the switch isnt replaceable on the eGo-E-Power, which is why I like the E-Power in the first place

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
Do you put the battery in thru the bottom. If so thats the eGo-E-Power, not the new 18650. I havent heard much about it but it seems okay. Only thing I dont like is that the switch isnt replaceable on the eGo-E-Power, which is why I like the E-Power in the first place

It is the ego E-power with 18650, 2200 mah and I haven't found any information on the forum about them. The vendor's web reviews (My Vapor Store) were all positive, not on all products, but all for the ego E-power. Only "con" was the weight. I didn't realize there were so many variables in an "E-power".
I'm hoping I made a good upgrade . . . I'll post a new thread when I get it and try it out. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
...the 18650 model had been taken completely off the market a couple of months ago because of various QC issues...the ones which, are showing up on the shelves at this time, are a completely redesigned unit and no reports, positive or otherwise have shown up...we would all love to hear your experiences with it(preferably in a thread of its own)
madjack:2cool:

p.s. the new ones I am referring to have a batt tube and switch built together...I don't believe they have a cone either(but don't know that for sure)...........mj

Permission denied to open a new thread in the New Members Forum. To read how my experience has been so far with the ego E-power 18650, please see "e-cigarette reviews".

Madjack . . . setting it up was as easy as a flashlight!;)

JayPMac

Dec 25, 2011
Minnesota
Greetings Folks,

After a total of 24 hours of research, spread out over five weeks, I made a decision: the E-Power 14650 from Hoosier E Cig Supply.

A bit of background. Pack-a-day smoker for 45 years. Marlboro Reds to start, then (20 years ago) Marb Lights. Tried quitting cold turkey (once), with Nicorette gum (once), and The Patch (twice). The gum and patch solved the nicotine cravings, but something was missing. Guess what? The ritual! :2cool:

Ordered the E-Power 14650 kit on Wednesday, and received it on Saturday via USPS. Basic kit contents: the 14650 (blue switch), 5-pack of 2.0 ohm single-coil XL cartomizers, two 14650 protected 1050 mAh batteries, and a wall charger. I also ordered: 5-pack of 1.7 ohm single-coil XL cartomizers, and 50ml of Dekang e-juice (Tobacco flavor, 24mg).

When the kit arrived, I opened the box, checked the invoice, and read the user guide (translation to English from the Chinese is pretty hilarious). Got so rattled that I had to run down to the local convenience store and buy a pack of cigs!

Assembly was easy, but somehow I assumed the 2.0 ohm cartos were pre-filled. Duh. Drew on the mouthpiece. Drew harder. Nothing. Finally (Warning: Supplier Pitch), I called Brent at Hoosier. It was 5:30 pm on Saturday, but he answered the phone promptly, and then patiently explained his technique for filling the carto with liquid.

I'd been researching E-Cigs (and the ECG Forum, in particular) for weeks. I had no illusions about giving up nicotine (I'm a writer, and tend to chain smoke when at the keyboard). But I knew the chemicals in analog cigs were slowly killing me. Plus the new owners of the apartment building I live in have declared it a Smoke-Free zone. Getting caught smoking is grounds for eviction. Plus, I'm the Caretaker!

It is now early Wednesday AM as I write this post, and I am thoroughly delighted. The hardware and software work flawlessly. A carto lasts me 2 days, and a single battery about 1.5 days. The 2.0 ohm cartos deliver plenty of vapor for me. I thought I'd want that good ol' tobacco flavor, but the Dekang e-juice is a bit harsh. Boutique flavors here we come. My taste buds are alive again. And, after 3 days, I feel so much better!

Bottom Line: not everyone may be willing to do as much research. And I realize that we're all different in terms of what we're looking for in an E-cig experience. But if you're motivated, invest a minimal amount of time, join this Forum and ask some questions, the odds are you'll end up a happy customer.

/s/

A Happy Vaper

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Happy to hear you like your E-Power 14650 from Hoosier. I have the blue LED switch version from Hoosier as well.

It took me several days before I could appreciate the difference between the Smoktech 2.0 and 1.7 ohm LR XL cartos. Now I tend to use the 2.0 in the morning and evening when I want a cooler vapor and the 1.7 the rest of the time.

You will find the right juice(s) for you in time. Glad you like the E-Power 14650! It's a great performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread