E-Solid?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Of course it is. It comes in eggplant, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes. Haven't you vaped your salsa today? ;)

I forgot about this actually, and makes a good point, I only know of one juice maker that is using these as a nicotine source though, If the e-solid was made using these types of ingredients instead of a laundry list of vague chemicals, and real tobacco, I might give it a try.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
It's basically a dripping atty, just a cup and a coil (I can't remember if there is a wick). Unless the parts were modified in some way anything other than a liquid or gel would burn.

"The Dome Dipper - eSolid Atomizer - ALPHA (first version, may have bugs) = (Because the first version wasn't meant for e-solids) The head has been modified for use with E-solids... which I'm guessing the term for it's original use can't be mentioned seeing as some posts were moderated. :rolleyes: Hmmm... Although it says "This message has been deleted by (Place Mods name here). Reason Cleaning up" so not really sure what can be said on the topic of this item and it's original design.

But if it was removed because it is off topic, then I guess talking about a flashlight in the mods forum would be off topic as well, seeing as it was a flashlight before it became a mod, (IDK) It's becoming confusing now since we can't talk about the e-solids atty, and it's origins.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
To add some clarity to the absolutely convoluted mess that this thread has become, there's e-solid vaporizers that use gel based products and then there's the other kind that use illegal substances that also happen to be solids. They are two different products even though they may resemble products that we use.

This thread has been confusing and making references to both types of products. The posts that have referenced the illegal kind have been deleted and cleaned up.

You can continue discussing the gel based product here.

If this is as confusing as it seems, let's just close this thread and all of us go back to vaping e-liquid. :D

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
"The Dome Dipper - eSolid Atomizer - ALPHA (first version, may have bugs) = (Because the first version wasn't meant for e-solids) The head has been modified for use with E-solids... which I'm guessing the term for it's original use can't be mentioned seeing as some posts were moderated. :rolleyes: Hmmm... Although it says "This message has been deleted by (Place Mods name here). Reason Cleaning up" so not really sure what can be said on the topic of this item and it's original design.

But if it was removed because it is off topic, then I guess talking about a flashlight in the mods forum would be off topic as well, seeing as it was a flashlight before it became a mod, (IDK) It's becoming confusing now since we can't talk about the e-solids atty, and it's origins.

You can talk about the atty, just not so much it's origins in plain language. ECF comes up as one of, if not the first, results in many google searches, and the owner would prefer that it not show up with any drug references as well. We have enough of an uphill battle just using the typical liquids, imagine how hard it would be if there were constant reminders that there might be the possibility of a connection between the two.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
"The Dome Dipper - eSolid Atomizer - ALPHA (first version, may have bugs) = (Because the first version wasn't meant for e-solids) ...

Actually, "Alpha" is a program gotvapes runs to test some products. You can apply to be an Alpha Tester on their website. As an AT you are allowed to buy and test new products that non-AT customers can't buy yet, if ever. The concept is a bit skewed though, since what one would really be is a paying Beta tester, albeit at a reduced price; although they might have a real Beta program I haven't come across yet. I imagine an Alpha Tester could buy a product for $5.00, test it out, write a review, and if the review was favorable a Beta Tester could buy it for $15.00 and try it out. There might even be a secret Gamma program.

Ultimately, if the product gets good a review overall, they sell it to customer Omega for $25.00, but if it doesn't pan out, gotvapes hasn't lost any money because they sold it to Alpha for more than they paid for it in the first place, if they paid for it at all, since wholesalers do send out samples. They also didn't have to cover the cost of an employee testing the product and writing a review. Very smooth gotvapes; win-win. That's one reason I don't buy from you.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
You can talk about the atty, just not so much it's origins in plain language. ECF comes up as one of, if not the first, results in many google searches, and the owner would prefer that it not show up with any drug references as well. We have enough of an uphill battle just using the typical liquids, imagine how hard it would be if there were constant reminders that there might be the possibility of a connection between the two.

I completely agree with the policy. I also think ECF should consider recruiting "mini mods" whose sole duty would be to go through the ECF archives and delete references that were posted prior to the censorship rules. It seems like a daunting task, but one could start by simply using the ECF search function in ascending order.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I have one. It works alright, but the "clearo" gets funky dirty. It also looks absolutely like something that will get you quickly arrested, especially after it's cruded up...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Where you allowed to select the flavors? If not, what did they send you? What did they taste like? Did it make big clouds? Review please.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I completely agree with the policy. I also think ECF should consider recruiting "mini mods" whose sole duty would be to go through the ECF archives and delete references that were posted prior to the censorship rules. It seems like a daunting task, but one could start by simply using the ECF search function in ascending order.

We already have a program in place for that. It's called "You the Member!". See the little triangle with the exclamation mark, at the bottom of each post? Hit it and report anything untoward that you come across. ;)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
We already have a program in place for that. It's called "You the Member!". See the little triangle with the exclamation mark, at the bottom of each post? Hit it and report anything untoward that you come across. ;)

That's not exactly what I meant. If I clicked the triangle on every post I see you would be swamped. These are threads going back to 2011 and further. They still come up in Google searches.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Actually, "Alpha" is a program gotvapes runs to test some products. You can apply to be an Alpha Tester on their website. As an AT you are allowed to buy and test new products that non-AT customers can't buy yet, if ever. The concept is a bit skewed though, since what one would really be is a paying Beta tester, albeit at a reduced price; although they might have a real Beta program I haven't come across yet. I imagine an Alpha Tester could buy a product for $5.00, test it out, write a review, and if the review was favorable a Beta Tester could buy it for $15.00 and try it out. There might even be a secret Gamma program.

Ultimately, if the product gets good a review overall, they sell it to customer Omega for $25.00, but if it doesn't pan out, gotvapes hasn't lost any money because they sold it to Alpha for more than they paid for it in the first place, if they paid for it at all, since wholesalers do send out samples. They also didn't have to cover the cost of an employee testing the product and writing a review. Very smooth gotvapes; win-win. That's one reason I don't buy from you.

Oh, I see, I didn't know that, Thank you...
But I don't understand why this would stop anyone from buying from them, They have always been good to me as far as online retailers go.

I kinda like the idea now that you explained it, I mean as long as I'm not obligated to buy something I don't want. Or did I miss that part? If I'm obligated then no way.

Retail is the sale of goods and services from individuals or businesses to the end-user. Retailers are part of an integrated system called the supply chain. A retailer purchases goods or products in large quantities from manufacturers directly or through a wholesale, and then sells smaller quantities to the consumer for a profit.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oh, I see, I didn't know that, Thank you...
But I don't understand why this would stop anyone from buying from them, They have always been good to me as far as online retailers go.

I kinda like the idea now that you explained it, I mean as long as I'm not obligated to buy something I don't want. Or did I miss that part? If I'm obligated then no way.

Retail is the sale of goods and services from individuals or businesses to the end-user. Retailers are part of an integrated system called the supply chain. A retailer purchases goods or products in large quantities from manufacturers directly or through a wholesale, and then sells smaller quantities to the consumer for a profit.

I don't believe you are obligated to buy anything, you just have the option to.

Considering the volume gotvapes purchases, there's a good chance the samples they receive from wholesalers are free (I've looked into ordering in quantity). Since I imagine the Alpha Testers are regular customers who order from them all the time, I think it would be nice if gotvapes sent them the products to be reviewed at no cost, rather than nickel and diming them, then using their opinions to make inventory decisions. They also charge the Testers shipping. How often do you think a Tester will order just an Alpha product without something else to round out the order and justify the shipping charge?

I know retailers are in business to make a profit, I mean, duh, but I think, for example, charging a Tester $10.95 +shipping for the same Dome Dripper FastTech sells for $5.11 with free shipping, seems a bit out of line. Certainly while that is just my opinion and people choose to be part of the Alpha scheme, it doesn't offset my impression that the practice is weasel-like.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Yeah, I can see your point, But at the same time I would only use it for personal gain myself, to get an extra toy (so to speak) on top of my order for possibly cheaper than I would through FastTech and faster shipping... lol, So in my case I'm not sure who would be using who.

To be honest I never read reviews, and if I do it's with extreme scrutiny, All a retailer has to do is make an e-mail, create an account on their site and wright in there own (Fake) reviews I have trust issues and sometimes over-think to much.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Yeah, I can see your point, But at the same time I would only use it for personal gain myself, to get an extra toy (so to speak) on top of my order for possibly cheaper than I would through FastTech and faster shipping... lol, So in my case I'm not sure who would be using who.

To be honest I never read reviews, and if I do it's with extreme scrutiny, All a retailer has to do is make an e-mail, create an account on their site and wright in there own (Fake) reviews I have trust issues and sometimes over-think to much.

Wow, we are way off subject here, ok back to the OP... and this crazy E-solid,

What's your take on this stuff?

Have you tried it?

Would you try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread