Ear infections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Really suck! No, vaping did not cause it which is why this is not in the health thread. I just wanted to whine a little and complain. Stupid dumb ear infections. My ear is swollen completely shut and hurts like heck :(

Thank God for pain killers.

I debated on putting this in Outside! but, the lounge just felt like a better place to whine and cry like a little girl.

Thanks for listening... errr.. reading :)

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Lol thanks for the sympathies. I'm not sure wth is going on, as I just had an ear infection in my other ear about 6 weeks ago. I still have some drops left over from that so I'm using them, and anytime a doctor gives me pain meds I never take them all so I have a stock pile for times like these.

I think my problem is the fact that I like to take really hot baths to relax my back, and we get a letter every month here due to the bacteria in our water, so bacteria in water+being stupid and dunking my head under when taking a bath= very painful bacterial ear infection :( Guess it's time to either go to showers or quit dunking my head lol. These things only seem to happen for a short while after I've been working on the road for a while, so maybe my body just has to build a tolerance every time, I dunno.

Right now the percocet has me loopy as heck, and although it doesn't take away the pain, it's got it bearable.

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
just be careful and keep track of how often you get them .. i had a cousin that had them for 12 years every year ..not good she didnt tell her mother they were that bad and lost her life at 15 years old .. just have the doctor look at it every time and you should be just fine ... lots of luck hope the pain goes away my friend ....

lawnman3...

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
This is only my 2nd ear infection since I was a kid. I have routine check-ups. I'm otherwise completely healthy. Good blood pressure, pulse @ 60, I don't get sick, no std's, nada. The doctor never could even find a reason to complain about my smoking, since even my lung function tests always come back as that of a non smoker younger than myself.

I guess I shouldn't say completely healthy. I do have acid reflux, an irregular heart beat they can't explain (have always had it), and migraines that they have not found a cause for. The only thing that worries me are the migraines, as my mother has a very rare brain tumor and they think it could be hereditary.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Oh I knew the instant this one started to develop too, and I was also VERY prone to them as a kid, seemed like I always had one. I forgot that I had the ear drops or I would have started using them a few days ago. Now since my ear is swollen shut I'm not sure how much good they will do, but I'll use them today and tomorrow and head to a doctor Tuesday if it's not better.

It's kinda sad really. I'll put up with pain for as long as I can before going to the doctor, even though the doctor doesn't really bother me and I get free medical through my Indian tribe. I think I just don't like the 20 mile drive when I'm not feeling well.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Lol I meant I wouldn't stop taking baths in favor of showers. I live in my 5th wheel trailer when I'm on the road working and have to shower... my back suffers for it, so I "soak up" my ability to "bathe" when I'm home...

No seriously, I did mean stop taking a bath altogether. I'm just going to start doing my best cat impersonation and lick myself clean. :)

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
I think a ear infection is one of the worst pains someone could experience. I've had them so bad that the Dr had to put a "wick" in my ear just so there would be enough space for the drops to pass through. Also, it may not be the bacteria in the water. It might actually be that the water that gets in your ear stagnates and causes the infection. They sell a product at most drug stores called EarDry. It's made for swimmers ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread