Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Kiwi. (dramatic pause)

I have two recipes with Kiwi, I believe. In my opinion, kiwi is kinfolk to watermelon in the diy realm. A flavor and a nuance. You could say that about any flavor but theres a difficulty level to enhance or smother this flavor. (My opinion)

It's tropical. We have tropical fruit here in West Virginia, in the grocery stores. If I grab a fresh fruit its most likely going to be a banana, apple, or orange.

I like Kiwi. Im figuring it took a half dozen tries to get in the ballpark with this recipe.

The strawberry in this recipe is probably a Tpa blend. I have it listed singly, but rarely used just one strawberry at a time. The ratio to use would be a matter of your taste. One strawberry might be sweeter as the other could be bolder. I looked for a comfortable middle road to simplify my mixing.

I probably tried this recipe with both Tpa and LA Banana Cream. Im a fan of both.

I gave this one a 4.0. It's bought a seat in the park. I have other recipes with the banana creams, and strawberries, so I got my flavor fix elsewhere.

I wanted to move into more tropicals but that struggle was real for me. I wanted a kiwi flavor in my stockpile somewhere.

Pineapple was a great wall because I really enjoy fresh pineapple. I didn't want to cake or cookie this, just creamy fruit.

My percentage numbers are in the green, but i also know if I enhance specifically they will/could lower. I don't see any reason to go all FROOT on this recipe.

FuzzyStrawBana

LA Bana Cream. 4%
Tpa Kiwi Double. 5%
Tpa Strawberry. (Blend) 7%
Tpa Marshmallow. 3%
One drop lemon juice per 10 ml of finished product.

Tweaks:

The first sore thumb is marshmallow. Or perhaps I wanted a fluffy mouthfeel in this recipe. It's like I wanted immediate sweetness. But I also like what marshmallow does to each of the other flavors.

My notes have : "lower marshmallow, use a cream, swirl, or vanilla?"

The recipe is looking for a nuance, a gentle adjustment.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread