Easy Battery Charge Level Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I searched and searched for all the various methods of labeling, and indicating which is what. I am a newbie, and have been keeping several batts in charging rotation. At first, a simple Sharpie numbering on the bottom worked. It worked for about a week, as the batts are all stainless, and it rubs off quickly. Set a few down, take the atty/carto off.... woops, which one was that?

I have seen several mention of orthodontist rubber bands, or a rubber band assortment for ponytails for identifying carts/attys.

I could not think of a color scheme that was not a hassle to indicate very approximate battery stage. Then the simplest way seemed the best way. I put a little rubber band on it of any color, and leave the same one on (no digging through looking for 'the last green one').

I slide it up near the connector when it comes off the charger. If I take it out of use for any reason, I slide the rubber band down very approximately on how much I have used it--> "5 hours @ work, it's not the hottest, but still good, I'll slide it down halfway".

This way you can glance at a handful of batts, and see which ones need to go on the charger(s) next. They are tight enough that they won't slide at random, and I carry a big-batt PV in a front jeans pocket while walking around.

Again, this is very approximate, but it is easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread