Easy Syringe Fill (maybe I'm just slow lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
If this is blatantly obvious, cut me some slack! I've only been at this 2 months now lol.
If you're like me, you've been filling your syringe by filling your bottle cap then drawing the liquid up into it (a painfully slow process). With the Nano's now out, and thinking about how they are filled, I tried filling my syringe the same way:
- put the needle tip on te bottom of the syringe
- take the plunger OUT of the syringe
- fill the syringe by dripping the juice out of the bottle down the plunger opening
- quickly place the plunger back into the syringe tube just enough to make a seal (this will cause a little leaking out of the needle, so I started just holding some TP on the needle)
- turn the syringe upside down and let all the juice run to the bottom
- purge the excess air in the tube
- BOOM! There goes the dynamite!
This worked great! Took half the usual time to fill my CE3's! There was a bit of leaking when putting the plunger back in, but only a couple of drops. I'm guessing there was less waste than what's usually left in the bottom and threads of the cap.
Maybe I'm just slow, then again maybe this will help some of you out there save some refill time!

Last edited:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
If you have leaking out the needle, replace the needle cap before you pour in any juice.

I just meant that as I put the plunger back in the tube after it was filled with liquid, it forced a drop or 2 out of the needle...

Edit: Just realized what you meant by needle cap... My syringe didn't come with one lol... See, told ya I was slow lol...

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Yep, drawing pure VG through a thin needle can be a PITA.

If you have a hobby shop nearby take your syringe with you and look for some silicone fuel tubing the size to slip over the small end of the syringe. If he sells it in bulk just buy the length you need. Or, see if he has some scrap in his flight box he'll give/sell you. You probably only need an inch or two.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Get a 14 gauge needle. You might get away with a 16 gauge, but I KNOW 14 gauge works for VG since I use them for my DIY. I have a lot of my stuff in plastic bottles...I just pop off the drip nipple thing and stick the needle in there (tipping the bottle at a bit of an angle) and it's fast and easy!

I know that Liberty Flights and One Stop DIY shop have 14 gauge. Cheap. Other places do too, of course. Those are the places I've gotten them from however.

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
Yep, drawing pure VG through a thin needle can be a PITA.

If you have a hobby shop nearby take your syringe with you and look for some silicone fuel tubing the size to slip over the small end of the syringe. If he sells it in bulk just buy the length you need. Or, see if he has some scrap in his flight box he'll give/sell you. You probably only need an inch or two.
No need to now, that's what I was getting at... I'm just taking the plunger out of the syringe and pouring the juice in that end... Super quick an easy :laugh:

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Everyone drawing out of the bottle, I get your point, but you're still drawing in the liquid up through the needle. That is the part that took too long (for me anyway), especially since I use 100% VG... Not saying either way is better, whatever works works, but this is saving me time...

Bottles that use Luer lock needles are very handy...

Cartomizer 15ml Bottle Applicator Kit [gotvapes-bottleapplicatorkt-15ml] - $3.79 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread