easyvapors.com
GrandOpening.png

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
Thank you to our first contest winner, thehangdude!
Well, it really wasn't a contest, but we really do appreciate the feedback. So thehangdude you get to pick your prize, just go to the site and pick out a sample pack or a 10ml bottle that you would like to recieve as your prize and we will mail it to you. Please let us know in a PM what name you registered with on the site so we can get your address correct.

And thank you for the invite to ECF.

My advice would be to offer up either sample packs or 10ml bottles to each of many winners. You will get your product out to more people and some will do reviews (good or bad).

After a few multi-winner contests, then maybe go for a Big Prize Give Away!

Welcome to ecf!!!

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Multiple does seem to be more fun. Lets more people get in on the action as it were. But I do know that ECF tends to like to have contest and discussion threads kept kind of separate. Or they have in the past. Some of the contests I've participated in, the vendor will open a thread for the run of the contest, then after it's over and a few rounds of congrats go out, they'll close that thread. Keeping the main thread a little less cluttered. :)

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
Thank you for your insight HawkeyeFLA. This thread is just for general info and chit chat as we will be starting our contest thread in the next few days. The gift I gave thehangdude was just because he was the first person to reply to our opening thread and I was in a particularly good mood today. Like I said in the post "it really wasn't a contest", just appreciation for his advise. I will gladly take your advise and his since the veterans definitely know what works and what doesn't. Please keep it coming.

Multiple does seem to be more fun. Lets more people get in on the action as it were. But I do know that ECF tends to like to have contest and discussion threads kept kind of separate. Or they have in the past. Some of the contests I've participated in, the vendor will open a thread for the run of the contest, then after it's over and a few rounds of congrats go out, they'll close that thread. Keeping the main thread a little less cluttered. :)

Last edited:

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Beyond that, there are numerous contest styles. There's the grid where people pick numbers on a Google Docs excel spreadsheet. Those are okay, but can be a little tedious for all involved. The contest runner has to keep an eye on it and Like a post with good numbers etc etc. My favorite that always gets people going are the chit chat contests. Open a thread, people chat, set an end date, no double posts, and then at the end, use random.org to pick a random winner from the posts. Then there's the whole make one post and that's it type contests. Those aren't as fun because there's no chatter. You'll find during a contest that most ECF contest entry types will get very conversational if you let them. :p

Space Coast eh? B&M or just e-store?

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
I second hangdude! The more winners the better, at least until you get your name and product out there a little.

Some of my favorite contests are ones where there is one "Grand Prize", but there are many random little prizes like a bottle of juice or sampler given as well throughout the contest. If there are constantly random prizes given out, you will have lots of people in the thread...

Just my 2 cents...

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
And I think you have helped to shed some light on what interest the ECF memembers. I really like the idea of a chit chat thread since I would like to know what our customers like and would want. Since we focus on eliquids primarily and don't carry any high end equipment, we were thinking of doing a daily winner type of contest that would allow more people to win and try our products for free. Your thoughts here would be appreciated.

Currently we are only an e-store, but would love to, and hopefully will move to a retail B&M at some point very soon.

Beyond that, there are numerous contest styles. There's the grid where people pick numbers on a Google Docs excel spreadsheet. Those are okay, but can be a little tedious for all involved. The contest runner has to keep an eye on it and Like a post with good numbers etc etc. My favorite that always gets people going are the chit chat contests. Open a thread, people chat, set an end date, no double posts, and then at the end, use random.org to pick a random winner from the posts. Then there's the whole make one post and that's it type contests. Those aren't as fun because there's no chatter. You'll find during a contest that most ECF contest entry types will get very conversational if you let them. :p

Space Coast eh? B&M or just e-store?

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
Your 2 cents are noted and much appreciated Mare1077, as we are new to the Suppliers Forum area we could use as many 2 cents as people will give us. Do you think a daily e liquid contest would be enough, or would we need to have some sort of Grand Prize? Since we currently don't sell any high end equipment I would not be sure what we could offer in that area.

I second hangdude! The more winners the better, at least until you get your name and product out there a little.

Some of my favorite contests are ones where there is one "Grand Prize", but there are many random little prizes like a bottle of juice or sampler given as well throughout the contest. If there are constantly random prizes given out, you will have lots of people in the thread...

Just my 2 cents...

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Hmmm, if it's a daily winner from chit chat ... might want to ask the ECF mods if you can do that from your main thread. Just say all posts from 3pm until 3pm the next day count as entries, then look at the starting and ending post numbers, then use Random.org to pick. A big contest every now and then in it's own thread.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Your 2 cents are noted and much appreciated Mare1077, as we are new to the Suppliers Forum area we could use as many 2 cents as people will give us. Do you think a daily e liquid contest would be enough, or would we need to have some sort of Grand Prize? Since we currently don't sell any high end equipment I would not be sure what we could offer in that area.

Doesn't have to be hardware to be a big prize. If your estore software supports digital gift certificates, that works. Juice is a big deal on here. Granted, everyone has their own taste buds of course, but yeah I know I'm just as happy winning juice as I am winning something hardware related.

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
I had not thought of doing it in this thread. I had thought of just doing a "post the flavor you would like to win" type thing contest thread, and do the random.org every day at say 9 EST, and let it roll every day for a while. I wonder if doing a random winner from here would violate any code since you are only allowed to have one contest at a time. Might have to check into that one as I do like to chat with everyone, but for now I will just stick to a contest thread as I don't want anyone upset.

Hmmm, if it's a daily winner from chit chat ... might want to ask the ECF mods if you can do that from your main thread. Just say all posts from 3pm until 3pm the next day count as entries, then look at the starting and ending post numbers, then use Random.org to pick. A big contest every now and then in it's own thread.

HHTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne, Fl
easyvapors.com
Vouchers are a very good point! I suppose we could do a weekly on top of the daily. I know I used to need eliquid since I already have the hardware I like, eliquid would be what I would want.

Doesn't have to be hardware to be a big prize. If your estore software supports digital gift certificates, that works. Juice is a big deal on here. Granted, everyone has their own taste buds of course, but yeah I know I'm just as happy winning juice as I am winning something hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread