Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Well designed survey. (That was my profession for 20+ years)

One error - on question 37 there was no button next to "other" so it wouldn't accept a write-in. You have to select one of the pre-set answers in order to continue.

Minor quibble - when figuring out spending on non-devices, I couldn't decide if batteries were accessories or part of the devices/kits. With something like an ego, they are part of the kit but li-ion batteries are ??? (I ended up adding them to the accessories)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
There is a notification bar at the top of the page with the link. I'd post it, but I already closed out that notification and can't remember how to recall it :blush: somebody else should come along and be able to give you the link

And I agree, it is certainly one of the best put together vaping surveys I've done recently :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
"Well designed" referred to the structure and the options given. There are always more things to ask but, if a survey is too long people get bored and quit.

A mantra is "never underestimate the power of people to misunderstand the question." Other than not knowing whether batteries should be devices or accessories, I didn't see that.

There were places for negative opinions (e.g. leakage, durability, etc.) Not a lot of them because this wasn't a random survey. The people who respond all come to ECF. Therefore we are all vapers so there is something we like about electronic cigarettes. In a random survey, if most of the questions are "why is it great?" your results are vulnerable to the opposition because they can say you were leading the respondents.

Like I said, well designed. Bravo (or brava, as the case may be.)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yes, #37! I didn't see a place to correct it in comments. I use 70pg/30vg, but had to pick the closest one.

I also had trouble with the question about how many devices I bought within a certain price range. My first purchase was a kit with two batteries and I wasn't sure if I should put the cost of the whole kit or approximately what the batteries in the kit cost (I ended up entering that).

Last edited:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I opted out around 95% competition.

The question regarding supporting suppliers who supported consumers' interests was a bit broad...no real spelling out of that. I don't recall the precise wording as that was a couple of hours ago. I wouldn't give blanked support, nor denial without a bit more understanding.

The devil is in the details...

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ
I also had trouble with the question about how many devices I bought within a certain price range. My first purchase was a kit with two batteries and I wasn't sure if I should put the cost of the whole kit or approximately what the batteries in the kit cost (I ended up entering that).

I was confused by the same thing as I've only purchased kits - but I, too, just estimated what the battery cost. :)

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I didn't understand where they were going with the health questions and dropped out there. I didn't want pre-ecig/unrelated issues to be conflated with cigarette and ecig-related issues and if that wasn't the purpose, it seems generally to be none of their business. Had there been an explanation (there or here) I might have continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread