• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ecig and your health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I was just wondering if anyone was seeing as dramatic a change in their health as I have. I went from a BP of 230/110 and a heart rate of 124 while on medication to totally normal levels in just 5-6 weeks. I honestly think that my best friend saved my life by pretty much blackmailing me into getting an ecig.

How has it helped you?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Well Jules, My B.P. is looking good! Also I have had no snacks that I shouldn't since I started e-cigs. That's even better! I think in the long run, my health will continue to improve in more areas because of e-cigs. Let's just hope vaping doesn't have any bad side effects..I like having only one head!:D
230/110! I just reread that! Good grief girl...

Last edited:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Yeah, that BP was just a little on the high side,lol And that is taking a beta blocker and a separate BP med. I will have Medicare A and B starting on August 1, I have a whole bunch of docs I have to go see once it happens,lol

I've noticed that I'm not snaking as much as I used too. I've really had to watch the weight with being laid up. It's so easy to gain when you aren't doing anything.

I have a friend that has brittle diabetes and he is a smoker. Have you noticed a change in your readings or your A1c since you started vaping? I would love to get him an ecig but I know I would have to point him to this place so he could see what is going on.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
If your friend has brittle diabetes, that means his diabetes is not under control. he has high swings in his blood sugar counts, that is probably not due to anything he does but is just the nature of the disease. Smoking (Nic)increases BP which in turn messes with the blood vessels, those same blood vessels that are already under attact by the effects of diabetes. Brittle diabetics have a larger chance of losing limbs and eyesight due to vessel damage.
The thing is that they prescribe all the quit smoking garbage to diabetics. They all contain nic. Maybe the E-cigs to quit wouldn't be all that bad at a lower nic level. Could be that just the nic to deal with (increased B.P.) could be momitered closely.
Ask Him to ask his Dr. about it.

tlynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Austin, Tx
Mary Kay,

My mother has brittle diabetes and needs to quit smoking. She smokes Carltons and they are supposedly low nic. She says that she is not addicted to nic but is addicted to hand to mouth. Would the flavors and pg affect her blood sugar? I am so happy to find someone that may be able to answer my questions!

Thanks a million,
Tonya

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
As far as I know there is not enough sugar from the flavors or the juice: P.G., V.G., Glycerin getting into your system to affect blood sugar. It does metabolize into sugar in your system, but as we are not drinking it...
It has not affected mine and mine was wayyy out of control, now in control. It's the nic that's the problem. It affects blood pressure and other systems that are of concern to any diabetic. You need to talk to her Dr. and take the pictures of or a real e-cig. A list of ingrediants of nic juice and nic mg content and explain that she will only be inhaling "vapor"..NOT smoke. Nic is good for you BTW in tiny does, we all get some when we eat tomatos and potatos. P.G. is found in inhalers.
A brittle diabetic by definition is an out of control diabetic, by their own lack of control or because that is just the way it is no matter what you do. It's best to be very very careful of what you add or delete from their diet as anything can throw them into a serious medical state.
If her Dr. wants her off cigs, then the Dr. needs to be able to give her a way to do it that conforms to her habits and ability. Patches and pills don't do it.
Try explaining it like I did, I love chocolate, but a chocolate patch or pill won't help me quit because what I like is the way chocolate feels in my mouth, the scent, the flavors..not the chemical in chocolate!
Good Luck!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Low nic means a longer filter..that's one of the many lies they have fed us over the years..low nic, ultra low..next the filter will be longer then the cig! They have a cig out now that is so thin, 20 fit into a pack the size of 4 cigs. Talk about a ripoff!
Lynn Huh? I am from a family of Lynn's on mom's side. I'll P.M. you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread