Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I agree. Sitting in an airplane for 3-4 hours without doing anything else will probably make me want to vape too, lol.

Folks, are you ashamed to be smokers or ecig users? I am not. Vapor doesn't cause any harm to any one because it's not like second-hand smoke! I really think we should be allowed to vape in an airplane with designated vaping area, without bothering anyone else. You have your freedom not to smoke or vape, but I should have my freedom to vape!. But for now, just bring some duct tapes along with your ecigs to the restroom. :)

Btw, why should there be designated smoking area? why shouldn't there be a designated non-smoking area? lol.

100%, 1000% agree!!!! I'm sick of being on the short end of the stick just because of some idiot nannies! "Oooh it smells bad, it must be evil! YOU must be evil if you make a smell like that!" Bunch of whining babies! Let's make a law where no one can wear hairspray or perfume, build roads of tar, or drive diesel vehicles -- because ALL those things smell worse than burning tobacco!!! :facepalm: Let's make a designated area for busybodies and puritans, so they'll stop bothering the rest of us! IDIOTS!

Andria

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well, here's a novel thought: they could just allow people to vape in their seats. It's not a cigarette, there is no smoke, so it's not going to give any ANTZ cancer. If they actually TREATED their passengers like adults, then their passengers would no doubt BEHAVE like adults.

Andria

I will have to disagree with that. Imagine a dozen or so people vaping on a plane. Non vapers have a right not to inhale vapor just as much as they have a right not to inhale smoke. Sure, they don't have to be concerned about cancer but what about people with allergies or just plain don't want to smell the vapor from a dozen or so people?

I think that adults should act like adults by having consideration for others. JMHO

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
yeah, hearing vapers complain that people don't want to inhale their vapor are sissies... it's just childish and selfish. It has nothing to do with what it does or doesn't cause, or what it contains or any of that. No one should be inconvenienced in any way for an individual's addiction. No one should have to inhale a ploom of anything that's been in someone else's lungs, if they don't want to, and an airline has every right to restrict what you do on their private aircraft. Grow up and find sense of respect for others.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I will have to disagree with that. Imagine a dozen or so people vaping on a plane. Non vapers have a right not to inhale vapor just as much as they have a right not to inhale smoke. Sure, they don't have to be concerned about cancer but what about people with allergies or just plain don't want to smell the vapor from a dozen or so people?

I think that adults should act like adults by having consideration for others. JMHO

I dont vape on planes..... I sure wish the person next to me wouldnt wear the hideous "fragrence" they so adore.... some of the perfumes give me sinus and headache issues....

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Hey I try to treat others as I want to be treated so I'd take a bottle of DIYed juice and drop some on my finger and lick it off lol no muss no fuss and no annoying smells. People tend to think that because so and so does such and such they can be just as rude?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh really:nah: If someone runs into me and is rude it doesn't mean that I run into others and be rude lolololol :laugh: is this grade school?? PLEASE . . .

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
Good ole JetBlue comes through again with a great statement:

"JetBlue: JetBlue says that although electronic cigarettes “may be non-hazardous, JetBlue does NOT allow the USE of them on any of our flights,” because the vapor they produce is a “nuisance.” "
source

BTW, cell phones, RC cars, etc.. are banned on planes for the exact same reason, not because their radio waves might cause the plane to crash. And I'm sure a lot more people believe in their "right" to talk on the phone a lot more than we believe in our "right" to vape.

If vapers are really concerned with protecting vaping privileges then we should all exercise common sense, decency, and self-restraint and simply not vape in situations so obviously primed to cause controversy.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I have a limited amount of time for my vacations; if someone causes me to be delayed because they too addicted to wait or not smart enough to vape without emitting vapor, they had better not be anywhere near me when de-planing. Next, I won't be allowed to take my gear in my carry on because of people who shouldn't be flying...

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
"the right to swing YOUR fist ends at MY NOSE." (Famous quote from some old guy millions of years ago.)

I never smoked on planes out of respect for the non smokers sitting a row or 2 in front of me.

I don't vape where smoking is prohibited. I'll vape in a bar but I sit with the smokers....(have converted 5 so far....We almost have a "vapors corner" on Friday nights.....)

Vaping is not a right it is a privilege.

Get over yourselves....

I'm willing to bet the reason the Pilot went all ape schitt on this poor person was a Pee poor attitude and a sense of entitlement.

servolos

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
greeley colorado
i tend to agree with the people saying not to vape on a plane. It is a privelage and it is the same as people complaining when someone blows clouds in walmart. We all know that it is a privelage to vape on private property and the owners of said property have every right to set the rules as to whether or not we can all vape.

if a business doesnt want people to vape on their property then if they set that expectation we shouldn't vape (at this point it is more than decency, articles like the one originally posted is another bullet the nannies are sure to use)

an airplane owned by an airline is property, southwest airlines; both on their site and in the pre flight safety lecture state that vaping is prohibited on the flight. there is a simple solution if you cant wait to vape: BUY YOUR OWN PLANE.

Reactions: tencentcat

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1