• FB_IMG_1529893524975.jpg
    FB_IMG_1529893524975.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: stols001

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Sadly the regulations or bans here in the Philippines don't differentiate smoking from vaping. There may be differences in the laws written but when it comes to enforcement there is none. Enforcers are local and most places have their own local ordinances that ban both smoking and vaping. You can find smoking areas in some restaurants and bars and there you will see some vapers. I personally vape outdoors even if it's not allowed because there are not many enforcers around. I hope this helps.

vaperplanes415

Sep 12, 2018
SF, CA
I'm headed the PI over the holidays and then Japan, rather than bringing my bulky vape gear i'm going to go the JUUL route. My concern is that there is too much confusion when i google the laws. I've been smoke free for 1 year now and family tradition there is to gather around and drink ALOT! If I can't vape I fear I will reach for a smoke (gross). I'm not too worried about Japan (second leg of trip), I've brought my gear there...I just take smaller tokes as not to annoy the locals lol.

• Optimistic

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
i was there last week and tested the waters.. I vaped in an outdoor mall corridor, the guard saw me and asked me politely that smoking is not allowed there (which i know and i was just trying to be a dick) so yes, vaping and smoking is the same to them. so i was asked to go to the smoking area and there i got some new vaper friends.

i also tried in richmonde hotel in ortigas where the smoking area is in the second floor, a small glass room enclosure.. it took 7 puffs on my para-series mod, and the visibility dropped tremendously! haha

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Thanks, my other concern is customs coming in and going out.
A bit late to the party, but since I’m in Manila right now, believe me, there’s nothing to worry: Vaping is quite big here, it must be 100% legal since there are vape shops in the big malls and people vape everywhere. If you see a “The Vape Shop”, get some Toasted Marshmallow, it’s my favorite e-juice by far and I can’t find it elsewhere.

Put the mod in your check in luggage.. Carry the batteries in their protective box or silicone sleeves in your hand carry and you're golden!
Putting your mod in your check-in luggage is probably the best way to have it confiscated before it even gets loaded into the plane: It will shop up during the electronic screening, and the people doing the screening won’t be able to tell a mod without its battery from a mod with an integrated battery. And if you’re getting searched by Customs & Immigration, do you think they won’t search your check-in luggage?

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
Find the Customixed Butterball.. The first time I tried it.. I PMed the maker and bought 1liter! Now I have a quarter of a liter left and want to buy another liter! Haha

Both the check in and carry on will go thru screening. Check in luggage will be screened as you enter the airport facility. Once it went thru, you're good.. If not, then take it with you. Carry on will be screened in the boarding area. In PH, you are better off putting your mod without battery in your check in luggage. Been there, done that, many times.

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
My last travel was in September and almost lost my 92.50% 2JNT Supremo full silver mod because I took it with me in my carry on luggage.. Lucky I prepared for it. It was fitted with this LED "atomizer". The customs peeps told me point blank "You are carrying a vape (while pointing as his screen, showing me). You can't carry a vape on board yadah yadah yadah.." so just took it out of my bag and answered.. "Oh its just a torchlight" pushed the fire button and it lit up.. "my dad made it for me as a gift a year before he passed away."
20181103_105159.jpg

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
although i have had stuff "disappear" in my check in luggage
Yup, that’s what I was talking about: your check-in luggage may go through different stages of screening before it gets loaded into the plane, it’s always safer to carry anything of value in your carry-on. I’ve met a number of travelers who have “lost” stuff the way you did.

You can't carry a vape on board yadah yadah yadah.."
Which airline or airport was that?? Every airline I’ve checked so far, specifically states e-cigarettes have to be carried in your carry-on. These screening officers can’t make up their own rules on-the-go, I’m quite confident he would have let you go as well if you had asked to speak to his supervisor (I think that’s what I would do, there are written rules, it’s not like they can do and confiscate whatever they want...)

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
I almost parted ways with my Montblanc Carbon fiber fountain pen at the final screening because "it doesn't look like a pen to them and the gold plated nib looks like dangerously pointed, like a knife". I answered back, "you hell damn know how to spot expensive stuff to take possession for free! This is big! I'm gonna make you famous!" took my phone and opened up my video recorder when he just let me go...

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
There is a written rule, yes there is.. But the ...... in uniforms is a lottery in the Philippines. It won't cost anything to them, but will cost you a lot of hassle, if you're lucky, you have got to pick whether to lose what they desire from you or get left by your plane.

I'm thinking this a nationality thing,of all the times i traveled to the phils ,approx 40 , i have never had any issues.once i had to open one pc of my luggage to show i wasn't bringing large amounts of items to re-sale

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
It won't cost anything to them, but will cost you a lot of hassle, if you're lucky, you have got to pick whether to lose what they desire from you or get left by your plane.
I don’t wanna change your mind about the whole thing, and since it has worked out for you in the past, that’s great. However, I wouldn’t call asking for a supervisor “a big hassle”, and I seriously doubt that they can make you miss your plane for nothing, unless you’re already running so late that you could have missed it anyway. I definitely think it’s much safer to play by their (written) rules. But again, if it works for you, that’s fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread