Ecig in Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
I seriously doubt that they can make you miss your plane for nothing

Yep, i dont put my guards down everytime i entered any airport in the philippines, i look at anyone in uniforms in the airport as someone who will do everything to tear me apart. haha. my friend was offloaded because the immigration officer dismissed her work pass in singapore as "expired" and the officer wont listen on my friend's explanation. the date format in singapore is dd/mm/yyyy while it's mm/dd/yyyy in ph. here's how it happened: my friend's travel date was 10 July 2017, her work pass expiry was 04/12/2017 (that reads 4 December 2017 in singapore, 6 more months validity). The immigration officer insisted her work pass expired in April 12, 2017 and she was offloaded from the flight. My friend cant call her employer in Singapore to request for relevant docs since it was like 11pm already. I was still laughing when she called me that night, and reminded her, your birthday is printed at the back.. show them. her birthday was printed 20/12/1980. She then showed and asked the officer, what is the 20th month?! too late, she still wasn't allowed to board the flight anymore as the plane was taxiing by the tarmac already. another officer took over the booth and she was asked to buy new ticket for $300+ and the immigration officer who offloaded her was nowhere to be found.

that's why there is no overbooked flights in ph.. haha

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LaraC

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
customixed.jpg
View attachment 778555
Thanks for the tip, do you remember where you bought that? The vape shop? That sounds like something I could like....

I bought a total of 3 liters under the same brand, so having such a volume, it would save me a lot if i buy straight from Customixed. So i did. Find him in Facebook..

Believe me, buy 2 liters of Butterball, maybe 3. He charged me around 76usd per liter. It doesn't hit much, it's 3mg, maybe less i guess. its my daily juice, im consuming like 30ml per day and never gets tired of its taste! haha

Last edited:

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Yep, i dont put my guards down everytime i entered any airport in the philippines, i look at anyone in uniforms in the airport as someone who will do everything to tear me apart. haha. my friend was offloaded because the immigration officer dismissed her work pass in singapore as "expired" and the officer wont listen on my friend's explanation. the date format in singapore is dd/mm/yyyy while it's mm/dd/yyyy in ph. here's how it happened: my friend's travel date was 10 July 2017, her work pass expiry was 04/12/2017 (that reads 4 December 2017 in singapore, 6 more months validity). The immigration officer insisted her work pass expired in April 12, 2017 and she was offloaded from the flight. My friend cant call her employer in Singapore to request for relevant docs since it was like 11pm already. I was still laughing when she called me that night, and reminded her, your birthday is printed at the back.. show them. her birthday was printed 20/12/1980. She then showed and asked the officer, what is the 20th month?! too late, she still wasn't allowed to board the flight anymore as the plane was taxiing by the tarmac already. another officer took over the booth and she was asked to buy new ticket for $300+ and the immigration officer who offloaded her was nowhere to be found.

that's why there is no overbooked flights in ph.. haha
That’s bad, I admit. But I must also say that from the officer’s POV, how was he supposed to know if it was actually a misunderstanding (i.e. valid pass) or if she was trying to pull a trick on him to confuse him and enter on an expired pass? Because if the airline lets you board a plane without valid immigration documents and you are refused entry, they can be held responsible to transport you back to the point of departure (if for example you haven’t enough money to buy a ticket back out of Singapore). And Singapore has a reputation of being especially strict when it comes to immigration, so this officer was probably under instructions to do his best (or worst, as it turned out in this case).

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
View attachment 778557 View attachment 778555

I bought a total of 3 liters under the same brand, so having such a volume, it would save me a lot if i buy straight from Customixed. So i did. Find him in Facebook..

Believe me, buy 2 liters of Butterball, maybe 3. He charged me around 76usd per liter. It doesn't hit much, it's 3mg, maybe less i guess. its my daily juice, im consuming like 30ml per day and never gets tired of its taste! haha
Thanks, I’ll check, but usually they’re not allowed to ship to Switzerland :(

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
That’s bad, I admit. But I must also say that from the officer’s POV, how was he supposed to know if it was actually a misunderstanding (i.e. valid pass) or if she was trying to pull a trick on him to confuse him and enter on an expired pass? Because if the airline lets you board a plane without valid immigration documents and you are refused entry, they can be held responsible to transport you back to the point of departure (if for example you haven’t enough money to buy a ticket back out of Singapore). And Singapore has a reputation of being especially strict when it comes to immigration, so this officer was probably under instructions to do his best (or worst, as it turned out in this case).

There is what we call Overseas Employment Certificate that you need to present in PH departure side along with your work pass.. You cannot get OEC if your pass is expired. So that was intentionally done, even before my friend presented her work pass and Oec, it's already a done deal, she needed to be offloaded. I've heard that these officers get commissions from rebooking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread