Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I noticed this tonight on my pc. I saw it down in the right hand corner of the task bar, where the hidden icons are. If it's on your computer you'll also see it listed in the add/remove programs in systems settings. I don't know where I picked it up, I know I never signed up for anything like this. I'm just wondering if it's on other computers.
It may be ok, I just don't like finding things on my computer, that I don't know about, and I didn't put there.
I'm posting this to see if any of you find this also. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I noticed this tonight on my pc. I saw it down in the right hand corner of the task bar, where the hidden icons are. If it's on your computer you'll also see it listed in the add/remove programs in systems settings. I don't know where I picked it up, I know I never signed up for anything like this. I'm just wondering if it's on other computers.
It may be ok, I just don't like finding things on my computer, that I don't know about, and I didn't put there.
I'm posting this to see if any of you find this also. Thanks.

Me thinks: Escribe

"Version 1.4
Added the Surveys button.
ECigStats has been sold to Evolv. Moved ECigStats over to Evolv's cross-platform library, so that a future version can be included with the Mac version of EScribe Suite."

Cheers
I

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I picked it up with the Evolv software. I got rid of it. A couple of its DLL's were flagged as dodgy by 2 different security programs. It also messed up my network settings. Not permanently, I just had to reset a few things, but it was annoying.

Never did figure out exactly what it does. Maybe it only reports what happens when you have a mod attached and running under the Evolv software, or maybe it picks up what is happening when you vape close to your router. It did seem to want to set up some Bluetooth style remote connection. I couldn't find a good explanation anywhere, which made me even more suspicious of it. I don't know for sure because I didn't spend much time checking into it, I got rid of it pretty quickly.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Estats is a part of escribe, best way I can advise to get rid of it, if you choose, is to uninstall escribe, then use the link below to download the latest version of escribe, then during install watch the popup windows, should be about the third popup you have choices of what parts to install. Notice in the screen shot below by default estats is left unchecked, leave it unchecked and finish installing, that "should" be the end of it. If you still see it running after that I'd have to dig deeper, there are more then one way to stop estats from running, this is the easiest way "I" know of but I'm not a tech wizard by any means. :)

I leave estats running, if it helps Evlov produce safer boards for us and collect data to promote vaping as safer then cigs I'm all in for helping. ;)

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_1_US.exe

estats.JPG

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Also will add, post questions on estats over at the evlov forum and you'll have a better chance of getting info about it from those that work for evlov (James) or the beta testers who are in the know. I'm know there are beta testers on this forum as well but them seeing the thread or not.... Better chance over there.

Link--> Evolv DNA Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread