ecigs front page on foxnews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I've read these recent "shifts" with great interest. They, however, mean nothing to e-smokers. Note the language here:

What makes the study pivotal is that "oral tobacco products" were listed as part of a potential middle ground between cigarettes and such nicotine-cessation products as gum and patches.

Smokeless products are drawing support from some anti-smoking groups as a less-hazardous way to consume tobacco.

Note the word "tobacco" in those statements. And who is backing this harm reduction move to smokelss? Reynolds America, better known as Big Tobacco's RJR. And who in Congress supports this shift to smokeless? It's Tobacco Country's own congressman, the right honorable Sen. Burr:

U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., is ... supportive of the continuum-of-risk concept to move smokers from combustible tobacco products to less harmful, no-combustible tobacco products, and supports giving adult consumers the information needed to make informed decisions concerning the use of tobacco products," said Chris Walker, a spokesman for Burr.

Seeing profits in smokeless, RJR rolled out Camel snus last week. It will roll out disssolvable tobacco next month, after a court battle with pioneering Star Scientific.

This all smacks of Big Tobacco wielding big money influence. And what of e-smoking? Where's the tobacco profits? E-smoking is not mentioned even once in any of these accounts (I've now read a few). Without profits from tobacco, e-smoking will not only NOT be supported, but likely will be actively opposed by the same groups now acknowledging harm reduction with smokeless tobacco.

This anti-smoking sellout -- a welcome break from the quit-or-die faction -- is good for me as a snus user, worthless for me as an e-smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread