ecigs front page on foxnews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
Yeah that is odd, but he told me he can't post here.

Here is the message he sent to me:

Ludo said:
I cannot post in that thread but can you please state in the thread were you posted that JOYE develops the JANTYSTICK????? that JANTY has no connection with JOYE asides from the DURA which we co-developed with them. The DURA-C is also EXCLUSIVE JANTY patented. And all other JANTY products are also EXCLUSIVELY developed and manufactured by JANTY.

Thanks for clearing this!

Ludo

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Alot of what I am reading in this thread causes me to despair. :(

I am new to e-cigs, less than one week now, but in that short time they have changed my life.

For the first time in 25 years I have hope that I can finally stop smoking analogs. I have not smoked a real cigarette since Tuesday, Feb 24th (my birthday....great gift to myself!) and *for me* as well as many others I'm sure, e-cigs are a fantastic and *totally* acceptable replacement for smoking analogs. Patches, gum, inhalers, lozenges....these things are crap and have never helped me. I was *miserable* while using them, and naturally I went back to analogs every time.

Along comes the e-cig into my life and finally there is a way to "smoke" (yes, vape, I know) without actually smoking. My stress level has decreased to it's lowest level in years. In short, I believe these things *could* save my life.

Of course that can't be a certainty, but I've just got a good feeling about it, and it's a risk I'm willing to take. We KNOW analogs are horrible for us. We aren't yet sure about e-cigs, but I would guess that all of you longtime vapers feel more healthy already. Even after just one week, my lungs are clearing out 25 years worth of tar and other toxins and I feel better than I have in YEARS.

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit......

To hear that this wonderful glimpse of hope could be snatched away from us breaks my heart. I came into this too late in the game to stockpile e-liquids and spare parts, although I am going to try as hard as I can to get as much as I can afford, as soon as possible.

Are there any groups I can join up with who are deciding on an organized plan of action to fight a ban, should one come about? If not, I believe we should start one and FIGHT THIS TOOTH AND NAIL. I think we have strength in numbers, and at least one study on our side (Health NZ).

Analogs were killing me, I could *feel* it. I was depressed and constantly frightened. Every little chest pain, every cough, every headache....all of these things made me fear I was dying *from smoking*. One week of smoking e-cigs and I have a renewed love of life and I'm not living in fear anymore.

I just can't go back to analogs. But if they take away my e-cigs, I know I will, and it's a ......n shame.

Peace to all,

-Cal

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Alot of what I am reading in this thread causes me to despair. :(

I am new to e-cigs, less than one week now, but in that short time they have changed my life.

For the first time in 25 years I have hope that I can finally stop smoking analogs. I have not smoked a real cigarette since Tuesday, Feb 24th (my birthday....great gift to myself!) and *for me* as well as many others I'm sure, e-cigs are a fantastic and *totally* acceptable replacement for smoking analogs. Patches, gum, inhalers, lozenges....these things are crap and have never helped me. I was *miserable* while using them, and naturally I went back to analogs every time.

Along comes the e-cig into my life and finally there is a way to "smoke" (yes, vape, I know) without actually smoking. My stress level has decreased to it's lowest level in years. In short, I believe these things *could* save my life.

Of course that can't be a certainty, but I've just got a good feeling about it, and it's a risk I'm willing to take. We KNOW analogs are horrible for us. We aren't yet sure about e-cigs, but I would guess that all of you longtime vapers feel more healthy already. Even after just one week, my lungs are clearing out 25 years worth of tar and other toxins and I feel better than I have in YEARS.

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit......

To hear that this wonderful glimpse of hope could be snatched away from us breaks my heart. I came into this too late in the game to stockpile e-liquids and spare parts, although I am going to try as hard as I can to get as much as I can afford, as soon as possible.

Are there any groups I can join up with who are deciding on an organized plan of action to fight a ban, should one come about? If not, I believe we should start one and FIGHT THIS TOOTH AND NAIL. I think we have strength in numbers, and at least one study on our side (Health NZ).

Analogs were killing me, I could *feel* it. I was depressed and constantly frightened. Every little chest pain, every cough, every headache....all of these things made me fear I was dying *from smoking*. One week of smoking e-cigs and I have a renewed love of life and I'm not living in fear anymore.

I just can't go back to analogs. But if they take away my e-cigs, I know I will, and it's a ......n shame.

Peace to all,

-Cal

Cal--try www.righttovape.com --good group over there--Sun

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I know how you feel Calaban. It sucks to think about the possibility that our government could take away our salvation from tobacco! If the threat ends up being real, then us e-vapers have to stick together. Ban or No Ban, I will do my part to make sure everyone who needs a Personel Vaporizer has one! I just need to figure out how.(?)

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Yes Calaban, in my country they are already banned and it is so hard to get good devices and supplies, I'm on analogs right now, but I'm keeping hope to figure out what to do.

Tribble, when you know how, please let me know, I REALLY NEED SUPPLIES RIGHT NOW :(

You know Lith... I know a woman who flies to FL and picks up a booty load once every few months.... ;)

digitalmechanic

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Lemme be clear, are you talking about something like
Have you tried e-liquid in something like these?

Congratulations on the 5 years mate, great achievement.:thumb:

those could work, but i was thinking of along the lines of this: www digital-immersion net/..../pipe.jpg (replace the spaces with .)

Mungo

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
London. UK.
those could work, but i was thinking of along the lines of this: www digital-immersion net/..../pipe.jpg (replace the spaces with .)

Ok appreciate that. i did try a piece of tin/aluminium foil [Chasing the dragon stylie] as an emergency contingency exercise in case all my atomizers were to blow on the same day and that worked. It's not something i will repeat unless need to, as it does not feel like smoking and my wife would freak out if she caught me doing that. :oops:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is a very sad thread. It is utterly pathetic to see good people who want nothing more than a healthy alternative to a lifetime addiction to cigarette smoking reduced now to talking about hard drug devices.

I guess there's no magic wand to wave that will assure perpetual availability of our devices and liquids .. but these kinds of alternatives just drop us lower than even cigarette smokers. Sad.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I wouldn't use it myself as obviously it would attract the wrong attention but I would be interested to know if it work. it could spawn other models of electronic cigarettes where the substance that is heated is not a liquid but a hard-form crystallized version of the liquid. technically there is no reason why it should not work if the temperature is controlled- it's an electronic cigarette in it's most basic form.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I see where you're heading with your thinking -- and you're a realist looking for solutions instead of cursing the government and the world in general. But I can't see whipping that baby out in Cracker Barrel for an after-dinner vape.

I assume you long ago read the thread on Crack Nicotine. If that's our future, God help us.

Mungo

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
London. UK.
This is a very sad thread. It is utterly pathetic to see good people who want nothing more than a healthy alternative to a lifetime addiction to cigarette smoking reduced now to talking about hard drug devices.

I guess there's no magic wand to wave that will assure perpetual availability of our devices and liquids .. but these kinds of alternatives just drop us lower than even cigarette smokers. Sad.

i am sorry you feel that way Bob, but i have to take issue with your language.

We are discussing alternative approaches to getting our fix on a drug addicts forum are we not? Now from your reference to "Hard" drugs begs the question in my mind, how would you define the term "Hard drugs?" Would they be the drugs that if found in your possession will get you a lot of hard time in jail? Or would you prefer my definition, the drugs that cause the most harm and death to their users, which would be alcohol and tobacco by a long stretch.

Now if you were to accept my definition, then the whole forum would be slurred as sad and pathetic. i wont bother to say to much about the "Good People" vs the "Low" cigarette smoker.

As somebody who has been self medicating since my teens and as a result finding myself addicted to several different substances that also had the benefit of putting me firmly on the wrong side of the law until i quit in 1984, i have a unique take on the issue and am very sensitive to the semantics that misrepresent this issue.

Bottom line? If all my kit packs up tomorrow i'd even consider mainlining nicotine if i thought it would keep me off analogues. It wouldn't and i wont but you take my point.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

What TB is saying is that he, as well as a lot of us are sad to see what this thread brings to light---the fact that we all have to resort to trying anything and everthing to keep off cigarettes in the face of a possible ban. Alternatives, if there is a ban are now being tried, and yes some do look "seedy". The point being is that many of us will try any device to stay off cigarettes and that i think is what TB was refering to--the fact that it is sad that we all must resort to possible alternative devices and the opposition that now looks to be posed against our current personal vaporizers---Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread