Ecowool

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
So I have been looking at using Ecowool in my rda rather than the Silica Wick I have been using. After some research, I am just not cool with continuing the use of silica due to the potential risks involved. However, I haven't a clue where to buy Ecowool or where to get the best prices. So... I'm turning to my fellow vapers for help. Anyone have any recommendations of where to go and what kind of pricing I should expect?

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Ok that confuses me a bit. I thought Ecowool/Ekowool was not Silica. That however describes it as Silica sheathing. I'm still a bit green in the area of rebuildables, so I could be way off base here. Is Ecowool/Ekowool actually just another form of Silica?

Yes, Ekowool is silica. It supposedly wicks better than the standard silica.

mise

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
BC, Canada
I thought Ecowool/Ekowool was not Silica.

Ekowool is most definitely silica. But its guaranteed to be high quality amorphous silica. The type that you want to vape with as your lungs can "clean out" the amorphous silica particles. Most of the studies I have read are that you should be worried about crystalline silica particles or amorphous silica that have leftover crystalline particles in them from the manufacturing process.

A lot of studies were inconclusive though so there is definitely still a risk involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread