Ecto-1 (a new all day vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Ok ... so I planned to make a batch with 1% koolada but accidently used 2%. At 2% you get a nice hard hitting coldness to this juice and I really enjoy it! A strong menthol feel without the menthol taste.

Also ... I'm working on new versions of both Ecto-1 and my Rwhy4 ... stay tuned!

Interesting to see, how it turns out!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I made this before and enjoyed it. I also did try ecto cooler from mbv and that is what I have been using as my adv. I am going to have to order some more flavoring and try again maybe with a twist.

if youre using Ecto Cooler from MBV as your all day, you will most likely enjoy the Ecto Cooler flavoring from FlavorWest. IMO, thats what MBV uses to make their juice. Id be surprised if MBV did anything but mix up some FW EC.

oh, and thanks tc1! ive been slowly gatherign all the flavorings i need for your Ecto-1. ive now got everything but the lemon-lime.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Boomcie:9021655 said:
My first diy, I went with 5% lemon lime and 9% punch. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells delicious

Interesting. Let us now how it is with a dominant punch ratio. I start vaping my ecto mixes right away and the punch flavor gets sharper as the juice steeps. Most of my mixes taste great without steeping and only get better (refined) over time.

Grats on your first DIY and I'm honored you chose my base as your first. Hope you like it!

Ecto-1, named after the famous license plate number of the Ghost Buster's EctoMobile.

All flavors were TFA using the boiling water quick steep method and leaving the cap off the bottle for around 24 hours.

8% Lemon Lime (You may reduce all the way down to 5% if you want to lessen the lemon lime and increase the punch flavors)
6% Hawaiian Tropical Punch
3% Tutti-Fruitti
2% Cotton Candy

Smell: A delightful lemon lime fruit punch. You definitely smell more than lemon lime but the mixture of fruits blend into one outstanding aroma that makes it very hard to distinguish between each fruit.

Taste: No surprises here ... it tastes like a sweet (not overly sweet) and juicy lemon lime punch. A very fruity and citrusy blend that arouses my taste buds to utter pleasure. Take a 3/4 glass of tropical punch ... now squeeze some fresh lemon and lime juice into the glass until filled ... stir ... drink. You now know what this juice taste like. ;)

Well, this is my favorite fruit-based blend so far. I find it very refreshing and tasty. It's one of those juices that's hard to put down. You may have to lower your normal voltage or wattage to get the "sweet spot" of this juice. It's well worth it! :drool:

tc1, thank you so much for posting this recipe. the ecto-chill from JV was my all day everyday vape. I also modified the recipe a bit. I dropped the lemon-lime to 7% and up-ed the tutti-frutti to 4%. I also added 3% each of orange and tangerine then added about 1ml of menthol. this was a 80ml batch with a 70/30 mix of PG/VG and a 16mg nic strength.

Here is the recipe I used:

Lemon-lime(TFA) - 7%
Hawaiian punch(TFA) - 6%
Tutti-frutti(TFA) - 4%
Cotton candy(TFA) - 2%
Orange(FW) - 3%
Tangerine(FW) - 3%
Menthol(optional) - 1%

I tried the recipe with lemon-lime and with lemon-lime cooler. personally i like the non-cooler version. I also tried using the ecto cooler flavor, but found that using the individual orange and tangerine flavors worked best. I steeped in hot water for 30 min. and then left bottle open for about 2 days, tasting it all the way, and it definitely gets better with a couple days of aging. After about a week, it was perfect. I haven't ordered any actual ecto-chill to compare side by side, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the exact flavor. I couldn't be happier. All flavors were from the flavor apprentice except for the orange and tangerine. they were from flavor west.

on a side note, are there pg's and vg's that are better than others? If I need to ask this in a different forum let me know, just thought I would ask since I'm here.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
tc1, thank you so much for posting this recipe. the ecto-chill from JV was my all day everyday vape. I also modified the recipe a bit. I dropped the lemon-lime to 7% and up-ed the tutti-frutti to 4%. I also added 3% each of orange and tangerine then added about 1ml of menthol. this was a 80ml batch with a 70/30 mix of PG/VG and a 16mg nic strength.

Lemon-lime(TFA) - 7%
Hawaiian punch(TFA) - 6%
Tutti-frutti(TFA) - 4%
Cotton candy(TFA) - 2%
Orange(FW) - 3%
Tangerine(FW) - 3%
Menthol(optional) - 1%

I tried the recipe with lemon-lime and with lemon-lime cooler. personally i like the non-cooler version. I also tried using the ecto cooler flavor, but found that using the individual orange and tangerine flavors worked best. I steeped in hot water for 30 min. and then left bottle open for about 2 days, tasting it all the way, and it definitely gets better with a couple days of aging. After about a week, it was perfect. I haven't ordered any actual ecto-chill to compare side by side, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the exact flavor. I couldn't be happier. All flavors were from the flavor apprentice except for the orange and tangerine. they were from flavor west.

on a side note, are there pg's and vg's that are better than others? If I need to ask this in a different forum let me know, just thought I would ask since I'm here.

Awesome! I actually posted Ecto-C a week or so ago. Basically the same flavor but with that orange/tangerine twist that you did. This is still my favorite juice to date ... very addicting.

There are some people who claim nicotine solutions taste different from vendor to vendor but I've only ever used Wizlabs. I suppose there's a chance the same could be said with PG ... and perhaps more so with VG. Having said that, flavors like this are so strong, I doubt most people would ever notice either way. lol

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Tc1 I finally got the rest of the flavorings I needed and mixed up a batch of ecto 1. Can't wait for it to steep so I can indulge :vapor:

Lemon-lime(TFA) - 7%
Hawaiian punch(TFA) - 6%
Tutti-frutti(TFA) - 4%
Cotton candy(TFA) - 2%
Orange(FW) - 3%
Tangerine(FW) - 3%
Menthol(optional) - 1%

The only going to keep in mind about PG and VG is the grade. There's medical, food, farm, and machine grade. You want medical grade for vaping.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
It tastes fine to me right away ... gets better with age. Ecto-1 starts out cloudy white and gets clearer as it steeps.

dang. right away you say. dang. i think i screwed mine up somehow. mine doesnt taste good :( but the flavor has improved since mixing it just over a week ago. so maybe theres hope yet. i did use an atty that had ecto plasma in it though (without washing it). i thought the flavors would be similar enough to just transition right over. but perhaps there is some flavor mashing going on that is screwing up the overall vape. i will try a new atty and report back. hey, at least my color is correct!

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
What does it taste like to you? You could try my Ecto-C recipe and see if that is more like the flavor you are use to. Very similar but with the added orange flavor.

Everyone is different so you may just not have the taste buds for this one. Can't imagine that you could have made a mistake that would greatly affect the flavor but who knows.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
What does it taste like to you? You could try my Ecto-C recipe and see if that is more like the flavor you are use to. Very similar but with the added orange flavor.

Everyone is different so you may just not have the taste buds for this one. Can't imagine that you could have made a mistake that would greatly affect the flavor but who knows.

woops, forgot to check back on this thread.
the flavor was faint and the taste was mediciney. but i am happy to report now that my Ecto-1 is jammin! i am impressed. it took a mighty steep, but thats fine now that i know i need to let it steep for a few weeks. mine ended up a pale yellow color.

i did add some sour drops to my mix for two reasons. i hear that adding sour to fruit flavor mixes enhances things and i also just happen to love sour flavor. i could vape a warhead lol (which reminds me, i should make a warhead juice!) but anyway yeah im liking this mix. a lot. next batch i will ramp up the lemon-lime a % or two and add sour from the start. i might even tone down the tuti fruti a % or two. i think thats where i was getting my mediciney flavor from. but i dont want to jump the gun on that because the steep really helped mellow out that wierdness.

i might even toss in a bit of FW Ecto Cooler for that orange zip you speak of in the Ecto-C recipe. i like the sound of that plus i like the TH EctoCooler gives. i will be checking out you other recipies now too, TC! thanks :)

nickgonzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
NM, USA
I made this.. and it turned out cloudy and tasted like bad plastic! I put it in a glass kanger, and did 30% vg 70% pg.... I don't get it. I was really excited to make my own ecto type flavor. D:
Anyone have any ideas..?

I don't have any idea, only that I can relate. LOL

When I was trying my own version made with ecto cooler with TFA Hawaiian Punch, It smelled very close to Ecto Plasma, however when I went to vape it was similar to how you described. Almost like I was vaping a burnt coil. I still haven't had any luck figuring out why, I think its just how the ecto cooler, lemon lime, and punch all react? I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread