Eden initial thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
For clarity, I bought this one as an alternative to my RE for curiosity. While the world panicked over potential banning of flavors I was buying extra tanks for my RE and thought "why not try the Eden?" So there is no arm twisting or compensation by Vladdin here. Just a regular guy saying things about a new device that arrived 3 days early.

For folks using the RE, the Eden had no surprises, vape-wise. And like the stick it is really light weight. I saw somewhere it's made of zinc and figured it would be weighty, but it is not. Ok, so using it as a self defense David vs Goliath type thing it is not going to be a good idea. But for shirt pocket carry… it's a nice idea.

The cap is made of plastic. Now my totally unscientific method of determining what the body is made of where I tap various items with my fingernail resulted in a pitch that led me to believe that at least the outside of the body is plastic.

I've only had it a couple of hours now, so I'm not in the frame of mind to bash it onto my concrete sidewalk to see what lies underneath the white coating. Yet if it is plastic I'm ok with that. Especially in a lightning storm or when vaping near high tension electrical wires at work.

Now since the cap is removable I pondered if it could be placed over the bottom for storage while vaping and found that will not work. Some may find the cap puts up a fight when removing. I found that with the logo facing you a slight twist counter clockwise significantly reduces that.

Now inserting the pod into the body is pretty much like the RE. It goes in one way only. Yet you may feel some side to side play while the pod is inserted in the Eden, unlike the RE which has no discernable play or wobble. But it does not pop out when dropped on carpet or a kitchen floor.

Holding it is easy enough. Some may find it slippery feeling. The matte finish on my white one has a bit of texture feel, but nothing grippy about it. On those days where you had too much caffiene a dropsees issue may result. Some may think it feels cheap, or like a toy vaper. I kinda like the whole lightweight feel about it frankly.

Luckily for me Mrs States didn't dig on the drag of my RE saying it was too restrictive for her DTL style. So I have this nice little alternative to the carpenter pencil shaped RE all to myself. And no more "is that a Juul" questions either.

I can't get over how stoked I am about the lack of weight. Grams counters will rejoice.

8-ACD23-B3-F6-DA-4-D1-E-AC3-C-F5-C738-FFE670.jpg

Next to a classic zippo that belonged to my pop, it appears kinda big. But the overall real estate it will occupy is minimal thanks to a slim profile.

As time passes I'll add some more comments. For now I'm really happy with the decision to try out the new Eden.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
With all the hoopla about flavors lately, I decided to resume using a tobacco e-juice I was using in my early vape days. Back then I discovered flavors and thickeners were my preference. The tobacco juice is a 50/50 blend. Back then I found it lacking. Being a Natural Extracted Tobacco flavor it is pretty bland, yet very very smooth and natural tasting to this smoker.

Well, in the Eden with its RE pod the vape experience is nice and smooth with a nice throat hit. Being a smoker who vapes for smoking reduction, a flavored thick juice was pretty good at providing a tastey treat instead of smoking. Using the tobacco flavor in a 50/50 blend in the Vladdin is even more like smoking. And while sweet flavorings end up tapering off in the pod device a tobacco juice does not.

Compared to a really strong taste of flavored e-juice the tobacco is pretty bland. I suppose that is why folks took to flavors in abundance and why they are so alarmed at the possibility of the ban on them.

After trying numerous vape devices for replacing a smoking sensation I found the RE pretty dog gone close. An NET tobacco flavor makes it even closer.

Using the Eden makes it even nicer. The weight is a winner for disappearing into a pocket. Pluck the cap off, take a few drags and put it back away. Kinda like using a tube of chap stick. What to do with the cap while vaping? Well like a chap stick cap, place it onto a finger tip while using it. Simple as that. And like chap stick, placing the cap back on means no pocket debris on the tip. I still use the RE when driving. I don't apply chap stick while driving due to the cap thing either.

I just started a pod with tobacco flavoring at 50/50 so I do not yet know how long it will last. But a tank (on my RE) using a flavored 80% vg lasted 11 refills before it finally stopped producing vape. Flavor tapered off to practically none at refill number 9 but I wanted to see how much longer it would vaporize the liquid. It still vapes sporadically though, but when it became unpredictable I retired it.

Like my RE the Eden gets recharged every other evening. Like the RE it flashes when voltage is low. For stealth, the Eden is even better. When setting on a desk nobody asks "is that a Juul?" It looks like a zippo instead. And most think it's a miniature power bank or memory device so the boss is none the wiser that you vape at your desk all day.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
At those times when you set something down knowing you'll remember where you put it only to later wonder where the heck did you leave, the Eden is not one of those items. At least for me anyway.

I have managed to temporarily lose car keys, knives, pens, flashlights, money, even big stuff like hamners and wrenches I set down neaby. But for some reason the Eden never seems to disappear like that.

Also it's pretty good for teeth hold while vaping with both hands occupied.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When I left for work this morning about 8am it was 60 degrees fahrenheit. By 10am it was 39 degrees and raining. (Snowing at 12.)

Ten o'oclock break to go outside and smoke or stay in and take a few puffs of tobacco e-juice from an Eden?
Pfft, that choice was easy. Matter of fact thanks to Jack Frost invading the south east and a Vladdin Eden I did not smoke at all today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread