• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Efest IMR Chemically Safe Li-ion batteries - 18650 (FEEDBACK PLEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hey gang!

I probably should have asked before ordering, and although it's too late now, does anyone have any feedback on the Efest IMR Chemically Safe Li-ion batteries?

I ordered two of the 18650 size (2000 mAh, with nipple tops), and expect (hope) to get them near the end of next week with my new Vamo. I haven't found much of anything in regards to them here, but CanVape bills them as "the AW killers". Although that sounds promising, the price tag makes me dubious.

IMR18650-2.jpg

It may just be a matter of perceived value, but at just $7.95 each they seem too good to be true...

given that:
  • the Panasonic IMR Hybrid High Drain 18650 2250mah Flat/Button/Protected Li-Ion costs $9.95 (also CanVape)
  • the SANYO li-ion 18650 cell 2600mAh Battery costs $12.95 (also CanVape)
  • the AW IMR 18650 2000mAh 3.7V High Drain Battery costs $16.99 (Happy Vaper) Same mAh parameters, so apples to apples
  • and the AW 18650 Protected 3100mAh 3.7V Battery costs $29.99 (Happy Vaper)

Any feedback from folks with experience with these is appreciated, although long-term experience is something I'm even more curious about.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I'm sure they are safe well made batteries however I would caution you and suggest that you read the manufacturer's operating instructions and follow those to the letter. They are there not because the Mod maker is getting a kickback but because his product liability insurance and warranty is based on the testing and operating history of a specific battery. I believe that in the case of the S-Dog (silver dog) that the tolerances are so tight that only the AW IMR's will fit.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
I've used/purchased both the Panasonic & Efest 18650 button tops. They all work great, but I prefer the Efest over the Panasonic for the simple reason that the Panasonic have a plastic grommet that has been stuck(poorly) on the top of the battery. After 2 charges I noticed the grommet missing on one.
Not sure if that should be a safety concern, and yes, a piece of electrical tape should fix it. :confused: I just don't feel as comfortable using them now.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Using 2 efest 18650 with my zmax along with 1 aw. All three are used in rotation and doing well. Can't really tell if aw's are better or not but for me, the charger made more difference.

The trustfires I got seems to overcharge the batteries and I could hear some sound when I put them in. Could be a dud, it happens - but didn't want to take a chance. I ordered an xstar and never looked back.

Anyways, from my experience the I could not tell the difference between the efest and the aw's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread