EFEST or AW IMRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmacclel

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Boston
The E-Fest seem pretty good to me at least the 18500's I just got a couple last week and tested them at 5 amps and they where just shy of their 1100mah rated capacity.

EFest18500IMR-vi.jpg

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The thing to be remembered here is that charts are based on a fresh unused cell. I thought it was my imagination but it has been confirmed by several others. I believe that the internal resistance in the cell increases at a greater rate compared to other cells. As the IR increases so does a cells rock content, lowering the charge capacity and overall efficiency of the cell.

cmacclel

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Boston
The thing to be remembered here is that charts are based on a fresh unused cell. I thought it was my imagination but it has been confirmed by several others. I believe that the internal resistance in the cell increases at a greater rate compared to other cells. As the IR increases so does a cells rock content, lowering the charge capacity and overall efficiency of the cell.

I'll test them again in a few weeks. I already have a couple of cycles on them. I know AW cells go bad with practically no cycles on them. I used 2 16340 IMR cells for about a year just testing them in lights that I built and topping them off weekly. Both cells where junk within a year. Hopefully his newer cells last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread