Efest soda question w/ Samsung INR 25r

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hey all, finally venturing into more advanced stuff. graduated my egos, zmax, isticks and picked up an ipv mini 2 at a B&M in the city. Nice lookin mod! So I have to invest more money to get everything going here, got an ohm tester, coil jig, cotton,d rippers, coming in the mail and I still have to buy some proper batteries for the ipv mini 2 as well as a sub tank and kanthal,etc (for the drippers and to rebuild the subtank)... It's all costing me but I can't wait to start chucking bigger vapor that my istick/mini nautilus has to offer.

So my question:

I know the IPV Mini 2 will work with pass thru and plugged directly into wall, but I know having a standalone charger is a good idea. I have an efest soda and some older efest red wraps which I plan to dispose of soon. I was wondering if the efest soda is 'good enough' to charge Samsung INR 25r batteries(smurfs) with? Keep in mind i'd prefer to mainly use pass thru at the PC, if the efest soda is not suitable enough for the Sammys I was thinking of getting an intellicore D2. I read on the efest features that it has cut off to stop charging when fully charged, but someone online said it doesn't. Don't reallly know if it's an issue either way cause I could just babysit the charger if need be.

Thanks in advance

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So my question:

I know the IPV Mini 2 will work with pass thru and plugged directly into wall, but I know having a standalone charger is a good idea. I have an efest soda and some older efest red wraps which I plan to dispose of soon. I was wondering if the efest soda is 'good enough' to charge Samsung INR 25r batteries(smurfs) with? Keep in mind i'd prefer to mainly use pass thru at the PC, if the efest soda is not suitable enough for the Sammys I was thinking of getting an intellicore D2. I read on the efest features that it has cut off to stop charging when fully charged, but someone online said it doesn't. Don't reallly know if it's an issue either way cause I could just babysit the charger if need be.

IMO the Soda charger is just fine for your batteries. Here's a review of it so you can decide for yourself. An older version of this charger charged to 4.23V (slightly overcharged) instead of 4.2V, which would give you a bit more run time on a charge but reduce the number of charges a battery would do before having to be replaced.

This charger certainly has the ability to stop charging when the batteries are charged. Any Li-ion battery charger that does not do this properly is quite dangerous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread