EGO AIO ECO Kit - Joyetech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the EGO AIO ECO from joyetech. The EGO AIO ECO was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

eGo AIO ECO - Joyetech

In the Box

Contents:

1x eGo AIO ECO
2x BFHN 0.5ohm head
1x USB cable
1x Manual
1x Warranty card
1x Warning card
Spare o-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The ECO is a tiny, stealth, pocket friendly AIO device that comes in a choice of 5 colours. The device has 2 side large accents in the colour of choice with White as the base colour, apart from the Green version which has a base colour of Silver. The colours available are, Black, Grey (the one i received), Blue, Green and Red. The front of the battery has a square fire button and joyetech branding on the base colour, on the opposite side on the base colour " EGO AIO ECO" is printed. The USB port is on the side of the battery and the base has printed safety stamps. The glass is fitted to the battery over an o-ring which has " KEEP CALM AND VAPE ON" printed on it in a transparent white which allows light to pass through it. The Black top is an all in one mouthpiece and top-cap with a fixed small air slot, it is fixed in place by screwing into the top of the coil. The device is so small it is very ergonomically friendly and perfect for when your out and about.

Specs:

Diameter: 14mm
Height: 113.0mm
E-liquid Capacity: 1.2ml
Coil head: BFHN 0.5ohm head (6-8W)
Max charging current: 1A
Output mode: constant voltage (1.85V) output
Max output wattage: 6.8W
Battery capacity: 650mAh
Battery type: 13450
All-In-ONE pen style
Optimized for high nicotine
Ultra efficient low voltage technology
7 Colorful lights, colorful vaping
Dual circuit protection
Top airflow (nonadjustable) and top refill
Colours: Black, Green, Red, Grey, Blue

The Coil

The coil is the BFHN 0.5ohm head (6-8W) and wire plus cotton is only in the bottom 30% of the coil head as it also doubles up as your chimney and holds the the entire tank section together. The coil head is double walled with 4 inlets for the air from the airflow slot to travel down to give the coil complete coverage. The wick holes do look a fair size and you get a flavour guide card which gives you a guide on flavour up to 70% VG, but when i used 70%VG i burnt the cotton as it didn't keep up. I used the second coil with 50/50 which had no problem keeping up and gave decent cloud and awesome flavour.

Using the ECO

The ECO is a very simple device, 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and that's it. While the device is off holding down the fire button for 5 seconds allows you to with each additional click shift through LED colours to light up your tank while vaping. The choice is Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, White, Purple and off. If you set a colour next time you switch the device on it activates when vaping and stays on 3 additional seconds once the fire button is released. The light shines through the "KEEP CALM AND VAPE ON" at the bottom of the tank and the surface of the liquid glows in the chosen colour.

Filling The ECO

The ECO has a simple top fill method, simply unscrew the top cap and fill.

The ECO Technology

The ECO has an 650mAh battery but outputs a constant 1.85volts so giving you twice the normal battery life. This low output together with the BFHN 0.5ohm coil head is optimised for high mg nicotine and nicotine salts.

Performance

The device gave great flavour and surprised me that it also gave reasonable vapour production as the device is only 7w. The voltage is a constant 1.85v so the vape is consistent throughout the entire battery life. I didn't use the device for a couple of days consistently but have instead used it from time to time over a couple of weeks so giving exact battery time is difficult but even though i knew essentially the 650mAh would give twice what you would expect it still surprised me that the device seemed to give a very long vape time, also the couple of times i did put it on charge the next time i looked it was charged it seemed to be a couple of hours max. I suffered no leaking whatsoever from the device

Conclusion

This device is ideal for when you know you won't have much opportunity to vape apart from the occasional draw. The high mg this is optimised for without giving big throat hit but a smooth vape will still allow you to get the nicotine fix you need.

Pros

Optimised for high mg
Optimised for nicotine salts
Low voltage output
Consistent vape
Great flavour
Good battery life
Light tank up (if you don't like this it's not a con just set it off)
Simple to use
Stealth, pocket friendly
No leaking

Cons

Lack of battery status indication
Not suitable for high VG

I would once again thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the EGO AIO ECO Kit for the purpose of this review.

eGo AIO ECO - Joyetech

Reactions: Plantsmantx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread