Ego atty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Are the atties that come with the Ego kit just plain ol 510 atties or are they made special for the Ego? Reason I ask is I used a brand new 510 atty (not from Cignot although my Ego is) and I think its fried. The atty I mean. I looked on the site but I dont see anything but regular 510 atties and a mega atty?

They are standard 510 attys, but beware that Cignot guarantees EGO kit parts for 28 days (according to Vicki) and the warranty is void if you use aftermarket attys. One of the reasons that the Ego batteries blow is a shorted atty. If the coil welds itself and presents a dead short, the circuitry in the atty will be fried and the battery is dead. If the happens with an Joye atty you are covered. I guess you would have to ship back the fried atty along with the battery if that happened.

I should be getting my Ego tomorrow according to USPS. I ordered a Mega atty and cart to try. I hope to get longer vape time in both respects with the Mega and the 650mah batt.

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
They are standard 510 attys, but beware that Cignot guarantees EGO kit parts for 28 days (according to Vicki) and the warranty is void if you use aftermarket attys. One of the reasons that the Ego batteries blow is a shorted atty. If the coil welds itself and presents a dead short, the circuitry in the atty will be fried and the battery is dead. If the happens with an Joye atty you are covered. I guess you would have to ship back the fried atty along with the battery if that happened.

I should be getting my Ego tomorrow according to USPS. I ordered a Mega atty and cart to try. I hope to get longer vape time in both respects with the Mega and the 650mah batt.

Just for the sake of accuracy, our warranty on everything is 14 days with the exception of the eGo battery which is 90 days.

So Dave, will you please design a protection 'doughnut' for that battery? :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just for the sake of accuracy, our warranty on everything is 14 days with the exception of the eGo battery which is 90 days.

So Dave, will you please design a protection 'doughnut' for that battery? :)

I'm even more impressed...90 days on the Ego battery!

Uh, what's a protection doughnut?

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I'm even more impressed...90 days on the Ego battery!

Uh, what's a protection doughnut?

Protection doughnut does sound like something a truck driver would need. I guess more accurately it would be a protection disc... a thing to screw between the atty and battery that would protect the battery from those too low resistance instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread