Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Use it and see how long it lasts. It may last forever. Egos have circuitry build in, i'm sure you will be safe.

But, you will get different answers.

My opinion is that joyetech is head and shoulders above the clones. They are also the safest.....they have something in the circuuitry that is proprietary.

I've vaped for over a year and 4 months, my joyetechs are still going strong...

The clones I had are all kaput for one reason or another. Sometimes the buttons didn't click quite right. Another time the head came off with very little pressure. One didn't survive a drop onto a carpet.

Aren't we talking $3-5 anyway, for something you are going to use every day for a long time?

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Unfortunately with the rapid explosion of the vaping industry into America there's something like 10 clones/copies/knock-offs for every genuine product sold. (Don't remember the exact numbers but there was an article somewhere recently).

Anyway with that being said there are knock-offs/clones/copies that are as good or better than the original but then there are the same that are far inferior. Without actually taking it and tearing into it with a "genuine" one to compare to there's no way to say what the quality of yours is.

Did the seller have a good rating with a large number? Did you look through the seller rating to find the same item you purchased and what the buyers rating was?? Neither of these will guarantee anything but with the loose and fast profits to be made in vape gear right now that's about all you have aside from going to a local B&M.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Well I didn't know I was getting a knock-off (obviously), and I paid $19 I think...

Alright, so I'm going to order a new battery and use this as a backup. What should I get for $30 or under? A genuine Ego Twist? Vision Spinner? Something else?

Personally I would forgo one cup of Starbucks and spend a couple extra dollars (just a quick search and I found one for $33.99 with free shipping) on the Innokin Itaste VV 3.0. Far superior in my opinion to anything in the ego style.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Well I didn't know I was getting a knock-off (obviously), and I paid $19 I think...

Alright, so I'm going to order a new battery and use this as a backup. What should I get for $30 or under? A genuine Ego Twist? Vision Spinner? Something else?

For the money you really can't beat the itaste vv v3. Variable voltage and wattage, reads ohms and battery voltage as well as a puff counter. I got one for Christmas yesterday and it's excellent. 101vape is the cheapest you'll find them. Most sites have them for around $40 give or take a buck or two.
http://101vape.com/mods/183-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-express-kit.html

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
just really depends....like with everything it's hit and miss....but if you don't mind knock-offs check out Fasttech instead of auction sites. As they at least have a good support. Chinese company that sells some authentic but mostly knock-offs for dirt cheap and no tax or shipping fees but takes at least a month to receive product and don't order batteries as they mostly likely will not be allowed through customs.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313

I like the feel and the big button on the Vision Spinner, but I like my Joyetech eGo-Twist as well.

I have one knockoff from Fasttech $11.59 EGO-C Twist "1100mAh" Variable Voltage Rechargeable Battery for E-Cigarette - red / 3.2-4.8V / 930~950mAh actual capacity at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and it works just fine, but the button is so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread