Ego-c twist taking forever to charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
I've had my ego-c twist 1000mah since early aug.(I have two). I have had no issues besides one of my atty's not making contact. When I first got them it would take about 2.5 hrs to fully charge them. The last week or two I noticed its taking longer to charge them. Its taking about 12 hrs now and I'm wondering if they are starting to die or is it the charger? I dont like to leave them on over night but this one has been on almost 24 hrs. Any ideas? If its time to replace I think I'm ready to move up and get something nicer.

burnah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Home
Sweet! :D

CH_multi.jpg

1. Plug the charger in
2. Put your multimeter on DC Voltage __... setting at 10v (Usually written as 20V on the meter)
3. Place the black probe between the plastic case and the 510 thread on the charger.
4. Place the red probe on the centre pin of the charger.

Last edited:

Rattman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Thanks alot! I just checked it and its reading 4.2 volts. Seems to be right? I cleaned it last night and charged it over night but still wasnt charged this morning. So I checked the connection from the usb to wall and looked like the tabs inside where bent inward(maybe not giving it a good connection?) so I bent them back a little and plugged it back in and it finally gave me the green light shortly after. The real test will be the next charge and I will see how long it takes and will post back the results. Thanks again burnah for your help!

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Sweet! :D

View attachment 148778

1. Plug the charger in
2. Put your multimeter on DC Voltage __... setting at 10v (Usually written as 20V on the meter)
3. Place the black probe between the plastic case and the 510 thread on the charger.
4. Place the red probe on the centre pin of the charger.

Thank you so much, burnah! Maybe I'm just not too good at searching, but finally after two years I finally SEE how to test a charger. :)

Good luck Rattman, I've been following this thread "just in case" I ever have this problem. ;)

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Hi Natalia, I always try searching first but for some reason it doesnt work. I believe I read, in a notice, they are trying to fix this. Hope its not just me as I dont want to ask questions that are already answered here!

Hi Rattman, nice to meet you. :)

I've been searching for a picture of how to test a charger for years. burnah's above ^ is the first I've seen. I can usually find things, but until now... this one eluded me. :facepalm:

If you find it's your USB connectors/ tabs causing the problem, I'll have learned from that too. Gotta love ECF and its members!
Seriously, I hope your next charge takes within a few hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. ;)

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Please do get back to us. I am having some issues with my twist charging as well.

I bought a starter kit that came with one battery about three weeks ago. It worked fine. Ordered a back up twist Tuesday. But suddenly Thursday my battery(the first one) wouldn't turn red on the charger. I tried pulling the pin up and it turned red. However it never turned green after hours of charging. It stayed red. I'd eventually get fed up with waiting and could get a few hours on an obscure charge percentage. My new twist came Saturday and eventually died and the same thing happened. It would never turn green. But it held a charge for a few hours after I grew tired of waiting. I charged it all night last night after charging my first twist all day. Neither one turned green. My friend uses an ego-T and I am using his charger as I write this in hopes that his will work and that I don't have two defective batteries. :/

We both use Samsung galaxy s 3 adapters because our vendor's starter kits don't come with one.

Hope your situation evens out. :)

Rattman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Update: No luck so far. Been charging 10hrs and still no green light. I took both usb and wall adapter apart(to see if any wires were loose) and noticed the wall adapter was dirty inside which is odd as it always sits on counter and never moves from that spot. I have taken it off the wall adapter and trying just the computer port. I just ordered another charger(5 bucks delivered is wicked cheap!). Will update with any news.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Update: No luck so far. Been charging 10hrs and still no green light. I took both usb and wall adapter apart(to see if any wires were loose) and noticed the wall adapter was dirty inside which is odd as it always sits on counter and never moves from that spot. I have taken it off the wall adapter and trying just the computer port. I just ordered another charger(5 bucks delivered is wicked cheap!). Will update with any news.

Sorry to hear that Rattman. I don't think I'd leave them on that charger any longer... just in case it damages them. Glad you bought a new one and here's hoping it does the trick.

BTW, the batteries aren't getting warm or anything that could be potentially dangerous, are they? Always safety first. ;)

Rattman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Hi Natalia! I check them everytime I charge them and they never are hot actually they are cool. What is odd is I checked the charger with my voltmeter(thanks burnah) and its putting out 4.2 volts on the money. I do worry about them from the warnings I read on here about charging your batteries. I try to only charge them while I'm here and can keep an eye on them. But last couple of days its been taking forever. My new charger will be here in about 2 days. Safety is always first! Thanks for keeping your eye on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread