eGo gave up the ghost... what's better regulated or unregulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
My first e-cig gave up the ghost after a few months, a cheap 650 off ebay.

I'm debating if I replace it or not. I have 900mah Ego that's unregulated. I don't have enough experience to know what, if anything to get. My other ecigs are KR808, regulated at 3.6v.

So, which is better, regulated Ego batteries or unregulated where the voltage starts high and drops off? The unregulated batteries are a lot cheaper but I'm finding issues with consistency with my 900mah battery. Sometimes I've over-nic'ed a bit with a big hit on a relatively new charge.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I didn't know there was such a thing as a regulated KR808 battery.

I had some regulated eGo type VV batteries, but I sold them. I found I just wasn't using the power up/down function much. Also sold my beloved Vamo for the same reason.

I personally prefer just plain non-vv eGo (unregulated) batteries but with higher capacities like my 1300 mAh eG0-T. Cheap and with less cycling should last longer as well. They and the 808s also have built in protection against overcharge/overdischarge/short circuit and such.

This is just my personal preference though.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I've also enjoyed the fresh charge hits from my unregulated egos. Ended up getting the $25 Innokin VV-V3 so I can set it to that fresh charge voltage and it stay s there.

Dropped my nic level down as soon as I started chain vaping also.

I recommend the Innokin Itazte VV3 also as a simple upgrade. It holds consistent power through the battery charge. The MVP for a dime more will get you the same results with a longer useful charge. Both offer a substantial difference from the ego bats, even the ego vv's from what I've heard. I haven't personally owned a variable voltage ego. Total length and a consistent vape were considerations for me when I purchased the VV3's over the Ego VV's plus I like the variable watt feature

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Joye eGo-c upgrade batt has both the constant (3.4V) mode and the 'variable' mode where the batt goes through the normal 3.7V curve. I've had quite a few and they have lasted over a year - some close to two years - but I have a pair of batts for each flavor (5), so that tends to distribute the time out further.

I get mine here:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-ubt-all.htm

I know they're Joyetech.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I didn't know there was such a thing as a regulated KR808 battery.

I had some regulated eGo type VV batteries, but I sold them. I found I just wasn't using the power up/down function much. Also sold my beloved Vamo for the same reason.

I personally prefer just plain non-vv eGo (unregulated) batteries but with higher capacities like my 1300 mAh eG0-T. Cheap and with less cycling should last longer as well. They and the 808s also have built in protection against overcharge/overdischarge/short circuit and such.

This is just my personal preference though.

I remember a post a while back I had totally for gotten about that unregulated ego battery. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread