• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego-Mainiacs: Maine based ego users talk accessiors, modding, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
just got my ego-t atty and 5 tanks from cignot yesterday. Thanks reggie! Viki over at cignot was amazing. I ordered it at on Wednesday afternoon. It was in my hands on sat morning. Pretty great for just standard USPS flat box shipping with no rush. I guess i got lucky with mine reggie. My atty lined up perfect with my battery

photo.jpg

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
I can do that, too (if I don't screw the atty on all the way...). I'm glad you like it! Myself I'm back to dripping until Vicki sends reinforcements. My one and only died this afternoon. Cignot is great, though. I e-mailed and not 10 minutes later Vicki wrote back that she was sending a replacement atty right away.

Last edited:

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
:( that's no good. I was really impressed with Vikki's service. Super fast service with a hand written thanks.

I was actually really worried when i got my ego-t setup. It was not performing like i had been reading about. It had really poor vapor production and the taste was bad. I did blow out the primer liquid before i started but it still had a real plastic like taste . I got discouraged and put it down for a day. When i tried again i blew out the atty once more filled a tank and went for it. What a difference, this is what i was hoping for. Great vapor production and taste. I guess there must of still been some primer fluid or something. Because I'm very happy now. This thing does suck A LOT of juice though

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Hardly any vapor, bad burnt taste, wicked hard draw. I tried thin liquid thinking my 80PG/20VG was too thick, but that didn't fix it, just leaked everywhere. It's almost as if the atty isn't getting any air. I already know eGo-T is awesome when it works. I haven't given up. I'm re-reading the eGo-T thread for more advice.

Last edited:

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
What your are describing is exactly what i was experiencing. Barley any vapor and horrible burnt plastic taste. I thought i blew out all the primer but i must not of. The next day i blew it out again. It was like a totally different PV. Finally, this is what all the hype has been about. I was really nervous when i first got it, but im happy now. Check out these threads.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/157603-help-trouble-my-ego-tank-system.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...taste-vaping-very-weird-help-appreciated.html

Last edited:

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I have to say that I was disappointed at first, everything i put through it tasted the same then another member suggested soaking it in Vodka (or everclear) for ten minutes - blow it out - run hot water through it (I microwaved some water in a rubbermaid dish) for awhile (I put the lid on and shook the ..... out of it) blew the water out - use blow dryer to dry it out (I just let it dry overnight) and went to vaping. All my flavors taste like they should now. I am hooked!

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
Mano, how's your eGo-T treating you after a week? I've given up with mine. When it works it's absolutely fantastic, but these new attys are too fussy and don't work often enough to suit me. I'm too fussy, too, I guess.

Mine is working great! I have not cleaned it yet. I blow it out every time a new tank goes on. Ive only got one though. I'm know i walking on thin ice without a backup atty. I have also tried refilling with both methods. People are saying that the more you take off the cap the more it leaks. I have not experienced this yet. I don't see any difference in juice loss with the ones i pop the cap off. And the ones i fill with a syringe leaving the cap alone. They both burn through juice really fast.
Although it doesn't taste as good as dripping.Its pretty close and with lots of vapor production i cant complain.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Nice! I'm glad it's working out for you. I was taking off the caps only to clean tanks and did notice they fit looser afterwards, but I didn't get leaking. Inexpensive learning curve, anyway, since tanks are so cheap. But can't complain? What brought you to this lowly state? Build your strength back up! Take a power nap. Have a snack.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
I just got my Ego, I'm so happy with it! I also used Cignot (a fellow guidmate on World of Warcraft actually suggested them) and MAN are they fast!
Quick question, are you cleaning the way Vicki's video shows (dismantling) or a simple soak with alcohol or water? I've seen a few different methods, I'm curious what works best... I'd prefer to not take it apart simply because my luck sucks and I'd probably kill it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread