The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ego-Mainiacs: Maine based ego users talk accessiors, modding, etc.

Discussion in 'Maine State Vapors' started by mano932, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mano932

mano932 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    just got my ego-t atty and 5 tanks from cignot yesterday. Thanks reggie! Viki over at cignot was amazing. I ordered it at on Wednesday afternoon. It was in my hands on sat morning. Pretty great for just standard USPS flat box shipping with no rush. I guess i got lucky with mine reggie. My atty lined up perfect with my battery

photo.jpg

2. Maxine

Maxine Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    I can do that, too (if I don't screw the atty on all the way...). I'm glad you like it! Myself I'm back to dripping until Vicki sends reinforcements. My one and only died this afternoon. Cignot is great, though. I e-mailed and not 10 minutes later Vicki wrote back that she was sending a replacement atty right away.

3. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    :( that's no good. I was really impressed with Vikki's service. Super fast service with a hand written thanks.

I was actually really worried when i got my ego-t setup. It was not performing like i had been reading about. It had really poor vapor production and the taste was bad. I did blow out the primer liquid before i started but it still had a real plastic like taste . I got discouraged and put it down for a day. When i tried again i blew out the atty once more filled a tank and went for it. What a difference, this is what i was hoping for. Great vapor production and taste. I guess there must of still been some primer fluid or something. Because I'm very happy now. This thing does suck A LOT of juice though

4. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Are you dripping on a standard atty? Have you de-bridged any yet? I think im gonna try this next as i hear its a drippers dream.

5. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Just dripping on a standard 510 atty, yes. I enjoyed that eGo-T atty setup so much I ordered an entire kit. Nothing but troubles with it so far so I'm taking your advice to let it sit for a day.

6. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Is it not preforming at all? or sub par with a bad taste?

7. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Hardly any vapor, bad burnt taste, wicked hard draw. I tried thin liquid thinking my 80PG/20VG was too thick, but that didn't fix it, just leaked everywhere. It's almost as if the atty isn't getting any air. I already know eGo-T is awesome when it works. I haven't given up. I'm re-reading the eGo-T thread for more advice.

8. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    What your are describing is exactly what i was experiencing. Barley any vapor and horrible burnt plastic taste. I thought i blew out all the primer but i must not of. The next day i blew it out again. It was like a totally different PV. Finally, this is what all the hype has been about. I was really nervous when i first got it, but im happy now. Check out these threads.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/157603-help-trouble-my-ego-tank-system.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/156969-serious-problem-taste-vaping-very-weird-help-appreciated.html

9. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    I'll give cleaning the atties a whirl. Really thinking it's an airflow problem (my whistle tips are whistling). Gunk would affect the air I guess, so I'll give it a shot.

10. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
  11. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Yeah mine was whistling and had really poor vapor production. I mean i really had to haul on it. Not sure how that one blow out improved it, but it was an immediate fix. Good luck!

12. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    After a thorough cleaning, there's a vast improvement in one of my attys. It's still sub par, but I have hopes that after some breaking in time it might improve. My second atty is still half vast.

13. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Mano, how's your eGo-T treating you after a week? I've given up with mine. When it works it's absolutely fantastic, but these new attys are too fussy and don't work often enough to suit me. I'm too fussy, too, I guess.

14. Lauralie

Lauralie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have to say that I was disappointed at first, everything i put through it tasted the same then another member suggested soaking it in Vodka (or everclear) for ten minutes - blow it out - run hot water through it (I microwaved some water in a rubbermaid dish) for awhile (I put the lid on and shook the ..... out of it) blew the water out - use blow dryer to dry it out (I just let it dry overnight) and went to vaping. All my flavors taste like they should now. I am hooked!

15. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Mine is working great! I have not cleaned it yet. I blow it out every time a new tank goes on. Ive only got one though. I'm know i walking on thin ice without a backup atty. I have also tried refilling with both methods. People are saying that the more you take off the cap the more it leaks. I have not experienced this yet. I don't see any difference in juice loss with the ones i pop the cap off. And the ones i fill with a syringe leaving the cap alone. They both burn through juice really fast.
    Although it doesn't taste as good as dripping.Its pretty close and with lots of vapor production i cant complain.

16. Maxine

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Nice! I'm glad it's working out for you. I was taking off the caps only to clean tanks and did notice they fit looser afterwards, but I didn't get leaking. Inexpensive learning curve, anyway, since tanks are so cheap. But can't complain? What brought you to this lowly state? Build your strength back up! Take a power nap. Have a snack.

17. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    I just got my Ego, I'm so happy with it! I also used Cignot (a fellow guidmate on World of Warcraft actually suggested them) and MAN are they fast!
    Quick question, are you cleaning the way Vicki's video shows (dismantling) or a simple soak with alcohol or water? I've seen a few different methods, I'm curious what works best... I'd prefer to not take it apart simply because my luck sucks and I'd probably kill it. Thanks!

18. mano932

Jan 15, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Vicki at cignot is the best!!!!! She ships out twice a day, is professional, and a joy to deal with.

Cant beat those personal doodles either.

19. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Just got my first eGo-style battery, an Inferno from volcanoecigs, 650 mah with the passthrough feature; absolutely love it-great vapor and all my juices taste better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.