eGO Mega Cartomizers tasting terrible....Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I recently received an order for the ego mega cartomizers and the ego mega atomizer with cartridges for my ego atty. I am having a real problem with the awful taste after a couple of vapes on both the cartomizer and the cartridges! I know that I can swap out the polyfill in the carts with that blue foam and see if that makes a difference there, but I have 4 of these danged cartomizers and thought maybe someone had a suggestion on how to remedy the taste problem with them.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
i havent mastered the ego cartomizer yet...im still hooked on mega ego cylindrical cartridges and mega ego cylindrical atomizers. aint found nothing better. but i have a question, how can you even think about changing out the filling in cartomizers? i didnt know there was a way to pull them apart????????????

I recently received an order for the ego mega cartomizers and the ego mega atomizer with cartridges for my ego atty. I am having a real problem with the awful taste after a couple of vapes on both the cartomizer and the cartridges! I know that I can swap out the polyfill in the carts with that blue foam and see if that makes a difference there, but I have 4 of these danged cartomizers and thought maybe someone had a suggestion on how to remedy the taste problem with them.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
i havent mastered the ego cartomizer yet...im still hooked on mega ego cylindrical cartridges and mega ego cylindrical atomizers. aint found nothing better. but i have a question, how can you even think about changing out the filling in cartomizers? i didnt know there was a way to pull them apart????????????

LOL...I know ya can't take the fill out of cartomizers like ya can with the cartridges, unfortunately; that's why I was asking if there was anything that can be done to remedy the nasty taste problem with THEM, other than toss em' in the garbage.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I had a problem with the taste going bad on the Mega Cartomizers and that was what made me stop using them. I don't know of a way to clean them out because of how they're designed. The Mega attys were much easier to deal with for me. Did you blow them out before you started using them? You also need to make sure that they stay wet when you use them. Bad taste might indicate a dry atty. I usually just take the filler out and cut about 1/4 to 1/2 of it off. I always thought they were way overstuffed and that caused wicking problems.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I tore into one of the mega cartomizers. They have a batting in them. I wouldn't say they are overstuffed. I fill them about 3 times and then they hit the trash. I don't know of a way to clean them like the regular cartomizers. Just use and toss them. 2.5ml of just lasts me a day so 3 days or when the taste changes, they go bye-bye. Not really cheap to buy these but I was lucky enought to buy a bunch on a co-op.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I had a problem with the taste going bad on the Mega Cartomizers and that was what made me stop using them. I don't know of a way to clean them out because of how they're designed. The Mega attys were much easier to deal with for me. Did you blow them out before you started using them? You also need to make sure that they stay wet when you use them. Bad taste might indicate a dry atty. I usually just take the filler out and cut about 1/4 to 1/2 of it off. I always thought they were way overstuffed and that caused wicking problems.

Yes, with the atty, I've blown thru both ends and even did a quick dry burn to see if it would help, seems to be SLOWLY getting rid of the nasties on that now. I will try cutting some of the filler back in the cartridges to see if that makes a difference as far as they are concerned tho. Now, as far as the mega cartomizers go, I've filled them til they over flowed, let them sit awhile and flooded them again, sucking back all of the excess juice with the syringe afterwards. Still, after about umm, maybe 10-20 puffs, they start tasting like the filler material or plastic-ey tasting, like they are out of juice already. These are supposed to hold more juice than regular 510 cartomizers right?

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
I repeat, get the blue foam.
You will like it.
1) fill cart 3/4 with juice
2) insert 1/4 blue foam plug (I get away with a 5mm length, width ~1 1/2 times cart width)
3) regulate juice flow by standing up(fast) or laying down(very slow) the e-cig

I push a straight pin through the empty cart at 5mm from top(center of flat side) using pliers and cut the excess pin flush with the cart.
This keeps the blue foam from sliding too far into the cart.
Pure genius.

I tried using a ballpoint pen spring but positioning the spring was just too much screwing around.

Last edited:

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I repeat, get the blue foam.
You will like it.
1) fill cart 3/4 with juice
2) insert 1/4 blue foam plug (I get away with a 5mm length, width ~1 1/2 times cart width)
3) regulate juice flow by standing up(fast) or laying down(very slow) the e-cig

I push a straight pin through the cart at 5mm from top(center of flat side) using pliers and cut the excess pin flush with the cart.
This keeps the blue foam from sliding too far into the cart.
Pure genius.

Copied and pasted to notepad for future reference! Thanx tobarger :)...Oh, by the way, it wasn't actually a "I repeat" cuz' ya didn't say that in your previous post ORIGINALLY....only after ya edited it...but that's okay, I got the tip and appreciate it anyway *wink*

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just got some of the mega cartos and I discovered that using some of my stronger flavored juice works great in them.

I bottom fill with a syringe. Still can't tell when it is time to fill them as they seem to last so much longer than even my beloved 510 mega attys/carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread