eGo or Tornado, that is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
The logo is the only difference. It's on the tip, where the light usually is and on the atty.

The only 'difference' is that TW is cheaper and Janty has a 'better' warranty.

I personally went with a TW Tornado, as it was the only thing in stock as far as these models go and I don't really care too much about the longer warranty given by Janty.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
The logo is the only difference. It's on the tip, where the light usually is and on the atty.

The only 'difference' is that TW is cheaper and Janty has a 'better' warranty.

I personally went with a TW Tornado, as it was the only thing in stock as far as these models go and I don't really care too much about the longer warranty given by Janty.

Thanks for the info.
Looks like it's hard to get a eGo right now due to back order.

I already have the eGo, but I turned a friend on to the wonderful world
of vaping and he wants the eGo after seeing mine, but they are out of
stock.
I told him I thought the Tornado was the same unit, but wanted to make
sure I told him correctly ;)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
If I'm not mistaken, the eGo comes with the "fast" USB charger, one atomizer, and a longer warranty.

The Tornado comes with the "slow" wall charger (and adapter), and extra atomizer, and a shorter warranty.

Mechanically/electrically I don't think there is any real difference (aside from the etched logo) with the actual PV units.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
If I'm not mistaken, the eGo comes with the "fast" USB charger, one atomizer, and a longer warranty.

The Tornado comes with the "slow" wall charger (and adapter), and extra atomizer, and a shorter warranty.

Mechanically/electrically I don't think there is any real difference (aside from the etched logo) with the actual PV units.

Hmmm, I thought I got 2 attys with my eGo, but dont remember! :confused:
I do remember only getting one of those cover "sleeve" things that goes
over your atty. I thought that was strange, since they gave me 2 battery
units :confused:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have both. And both came with 1 atty. The difference is in the chargers, and although you can get a quick usb charger from TW, the kit comes with a charger with an adapter that is a slow charge. On that point....

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

"Longevity of high-power lithium-ion
Generally speaking, batteries live longer if treated in a gentle manner. High charge voltages, excessive charge rate and extreme load conditions will have a negative effect and shorten the battery life. This also applies to high current rate lithium-ion batteries.

Not only is it better to charge lithium-ion battery at a slower charge rate, high discharge rates also contribute the extra wear and tear."

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
I have both. And both came with 1 atty. The difference is in the chargers, and although you can get a quick usb charger from TW, the kit comes with a charger with an adapter that is a slow charge. On that point....

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

"Longevity of high-power lithium-ion
Generally speaking, batteries live longer if treated in a gentle manner. High charge voltages, excessive charge rate and extreme load conditions will have a negative effect and shorten the battery life. This also applies to high current rate lithium-ion batteries.

Not only is it better to charge lithium-ion battery at a slower charge rate, high discharge rates also contribute the extra wear and tear."

This is good stuff to know, thanks for the post :)

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
I wouldn't be surprised if those quick chargers wear out the battery faster. That's the reason why I never bothered getting one. I don't mind it taking 8 hours to charge a battery... I only need one at a time anyway.

Interesting thought re the fast charger being harder on the batteries. I never understood why the need to fast charge either....battery lasts longer than takes to charge anyway so is a "non issue" to me.
The 6 month warranty vs 30 day to me doesnt matter, it either works or it doesnt and parts being expendable anyway... In 6 months there will likely be better device demanding my attention-money anyway:D.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
a 0.8 time charge current of the stated capacity is safe, even on big li-ion batteries.
and the ego charger already charges with a gentle 0.7C ;)

don't try to find an excuse for a supplier bundling a slow charger with a new unit which uses high capacity batteries.

Hmmm, so does this mean it's okay for me to use my fast charger for my eGo? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread