Ego question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so the batt life sucks on my 510, which was expected, but I wanted something cheap to start out with. Now I'm thinking up moving up to the ego at some point in the near future. Am I totally wrong or are reg 510 attys compatible with the ego batts? If so, can I just buy ego batts and use my reg 510 attys, cartos, etc?

On a side note, I was looking around for some sort of case to carry all my stuff in and someone mentioned a case logic diabetic supplies case works well, so I went to amazon to look at it. Under the "customers who bought this item also bought section" there was a bottle of VG and a USB car adapter, which makes me think no one is actually using this for their diabetic supplies. I just found it humorous....you may have had to be there, though.

PandaMonia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Texas
well a 510 is generally universal so if you had a 510 connection it would screw in, but what you have to worry about are the chargers. you dont want to charge a non ego battery into a standard 510 connection 1) may not fit 2) may overload the battery/charger. In one post I mentioned going to Wal-greens and checking out those cases lol and just pictured them holding all my goodies.

FireHorse

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Wyoming, USA
Yup! Your 510 atties and cartos will work on an eGo. All you need to buy is the batteries, and I believe you need to also get the eGo charger (not 100% sure, anyone know for certain?).

Heh, vapers are taking over the world. :) Dentists everywhere are being inundated with vapers looking for colored rubber bands, too, ha ha ha.

Yes, you do need an eGo charger. 510 chargers are not made for the type of batteries the eGo uses.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
I discovered this afternoon that the cone cover looks better but the unit works much better without it. My husband had to scrape the paint from the inside of the top opening on his to get any draw at all. It barely fit down over the atomizer. The draw without it is much more free. Maybe we got screwed up cones but it looks funny, like a cat that had all its fur shaved off except for on its head, without it.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
but what you have to worry about are the chargers. you dont want to charge a non ego battery into a standard 510 connection

Just to be clear, you can charge an eGo on a std. 510 charger -- it just takes longer. Going the other way, 510 batt on an eGo Fast charger, will damage the battery, at the least.

opsguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Florida Treasure Coast
I personally would not use a standard 510 charger to charge an eGo battery as my brother did and it worked OK for a week or so then the charger died. I would just get the eGo charger to be safe.

As far as cases for the eGo there is a nice leather zippered case made specifically for the eGo. Several online strores have them for about $12 to $14. I picked one up at TheVaporPro.com

I just saw an ego usb passthrough that can be used as a reg batt or via usb port. Now I'm thinking that may be a lovey way to go. Too many choices. I keep trying to remind myself of all the money I'm saving not buying ciggs...which I can turn around and use on vaping supplies. Hopefully, I'll stop placing orders everyday once I get stocked up. Right now I'm like a kid in a candy shop. :)

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
I just saw an ego usb passthrough that can be used as a reg batt or via usb port. Now I'm thinking that may be a lovey way to go. Too many choices. I keep trying to remind myself of all the money I'm saving not buying ciggs...which I can turn around and use on vaping supplies. Hopefully, I'll stop placing orders everyday once I get stocked up. Right now I'm like a kid in a candy shop. :)

Thats what I started with I already had some 510 stuff so I snagged up a ego pass through, liked it and picked up a regular ego battery for backup. Pass through is nice cause at home, work or in my truck I can keep the usb plugged in and be ready with a full charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread