EGO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

driving-pete

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Cleveland,TN
I'm going to switch from the 510 to the EGO.
I bought my 510 kit from Cignot, and I want to give them my business again, since I was real satisfied with their service the first time.
They have 3 different EGO batteries.
650-900-1000 mAh..Have no idea what that means.
Could someone explain the difference to me please, Thanks.

Also will my 510 PCC work with this battery?

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
mAh = milliamp-hour = battery charge life

eGo batteries will not fit in your PCC though. Cignot has a multi-charger though. Joye 510 10 Hole AC Charger It will charge 510 batts and eGo batts with an adapter. eGo charger adapter

All of your 510 parts will fit the eGo batteries, so all you need are the batteries and a charger. NOTE: eGo chargers can not be used to charge standard 510 batteries.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
The 650 mah battery is the standard that comes with most ego kits..

The difference is capacity... However, the more capacity = bigger battery. They are longer - not fatter.

As far as using the PCC my guess is they will not fit, but never have used one.

As a reference point, your 510 battery is 180 mah...

Edit: Deback beat me to it. There you go...

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
The 650 mah battery is the standard that comes with most ego kits..

The difference is capacity... However, the more capacity = bigger battery. They are longer - not fatter.

As far as using the PCC my guess is they will not fit, but never have used one.

As a reference point, your 510 battery is 180 mah...

Edit: Deback beat me to it. There you go...

And Freaky beat me to it.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I'm going to switch from the 510 to the EGO.
I bought my 510 kit from Cignot, and I want to give them my business again, since I was real satisfied with their service the first time.
They have 3 different EGO batteries.
650-900-1000 mAh..Have no idea what that means.
Could someone explain the difference to me please, Thanks.

Also will my 510 PCC work with this battery?

No, your 510 PCC won't work with any eGo battery.

Once you own eGo batteries, you'll have no use for a PCC. They're basically worthless, since the eGo batteries will last for many hours before needing to be recharged and will recharge in 3 hours using the eGo fast charger plugged into your computer USB port or a USB wall adapter.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
mAh = milliamp-hour = battery charge life

eGo batteries will not fit in your PCC though. Cignot has a multi-charger though. Joye 510 10 Hole AC Charger It will charge 510 batts and eGo batts with an adapter. eGo charger adapter

All of your 510 parts will fit the eGo batteries, so all you need are the batteries and a charger. NOTE: eGo chargers can not be used to charge standard 510 batteries.

I doubt that the multi-charger would charge eGo batteries in 3 hours, like the eGo fast charger does. Not sure, but I doubt it.

I would only buy the multi-charger if I had a large family of vapers and a lot of 510 batteries to charge (but not if I only had eGo batteries).

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I've read on here about the ego specific pcc's messing up batteries too so I'd avoid those, you can get a couple extra batteries instead.

I'd consider myfreedomsmokes.com with coupon code SMOKE $11.97 for the 650 ego battery and $16.17 for the 900mAh.

That is probably the best deal you'll find for individual eGo batteries. I love my 900mAh batteries the best of any of the sizes.

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
I doubt that the multi-charger would charge eGo batteries in 3 hours, like the eGo fast charger does. Not sure, but I doubt it.

I would only buy the multi-charger if I had a large family of vapers and a lot of 510 batteries to charge (but not if I only had eGo batteries).

If its putting out the same power as a regular 510 charger your probably looking at 7ish hours and up depending how big your ego is.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
I would also recommend the USB passthrough battery that has 650mah, it allows you to bypass getting a charger(saves you 8 bucks), and you can still vape while its charging (something you can't do with normal batteries). The battery easily gets me through a day and if you wanna make sure you don't run out just keep a usb cable at work or whenever you're stationary

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I like the BOGE LR cartomizers... using them right now... they are great, thus far. I can tell the difference. I have a nico buzz from them, lol.

Wondered how you would like them, Doc. I haven't ordered them due to the mouth, throat and chest pain I get after using the 5 volt PTs for a few hours or a couple of days. It's way too much heat for me, or I'm sensitive to all that extra heat, due to taking three blood thinners and 3 other heart drugs.

Anyway, is the vapor warmer? Do you think the LRs will shorten your overall eGo battery life? What's the real fact about eGos and LRs?

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
LR atty's have been killing peoples ego's lately, I've been using one sporadically for a few weeks, MistressNomad has a thread in the general ecig discussion about LR killing her new 900 after just a week.. Just get a regular ego quick charger they run about $6, be a good idea to have a 2nd back up one though.

Ah, that's what I thought I've been reading - that the LR atties will kill eGos. Ok, thanks, but no, thanks!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
If its putting out the same power as a regular 510 charger your probably looking at 7ish hours and up depending how big your ego is.

Yup, sounds right. I'll stick with the eGo fast charger that takes 3 hours to charge eGo batteries. And it's $8 at litecigusa.net (plus $2 shipping) and $8 at cignot.com (plus $5 shipping). There was a place that charged $6 or so, but I can't remember where, and there would be an extra shipping fee if ordered from another supplier. Might as well get everything from:

Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I don't notice warmer vapor... touching the carto it doesn't seem to get nearly as hot as a LR atomizer. Why, not sure. It goes through the juice though and why I have a head buzz from them... The LR atomizers i have get very hot... these do not. I can't even feel any heat difference touching them vs. standard carto...

As far as battery life it seems to me that it will reduce the lifespan on the battery mostly because they drain more juice. Any battery can only be charged so many times, and they gradually lose their ability to retain a charge....Whether they actually ruin an ego battery... not sure.

The way I look at it is this. If they reduce the life on my battery - but I like them - then so what. I will simply buy more batteries. If they ruin them - then that would be a different matter.

Edit: Ohh and tons of vapor...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread