Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
I was wondering if anyone with some knowledge of the Joye eGo could lend me some advice? I already have, use, and love my eGo starter kit that was sent with 650 mAh batts. I was considering getting a 900 mAh or 1000 mAh batt. Will my charger that came with my starter kit ( 650 mAh batt) work with the 900 mAh and 1000 mAh batt?

Thank you for the assist!:laugh:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If depends. If you buy the same brand of battery, yes. But there is at least one stupid reverse polarity clone (Ego-J or something like that) and no way to tell if there are more idiot clones (like the stupid FS510 is reverse polarity so I don't know if FS Ego is too). If you happen to stick a reverse polarity battery in a normal polarity charger or vice versa - fried battery as in dangerous hot mess.

Just watch out for any warning notes that say a battery can only be used in its own charger even though it seems to be a copy of another more popular brand.

Last edited:

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
If depends. Just watch out for any warning notes that say a battery can only be used in its own charger even though it seems to be a copy of another more popular brand.

Dormouse you have always been availble for my information needs. Thank you so much! I plan on getting the name brand model. I have already saved enough by not using analogs that I think I can justify the real deal. Again thank you for being such a positive part of the ECF.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread