eGo-RS behaving strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToutC

Jul 9, 2016
ego-rs-01a-sm.jpg

(I don't use a lanyard and I hate the naked look & feel around the firing button, so I glued on a bit of black rubber tubing)

Bought this oldie a few days ago (I understand the design is from around 2009 - no idea who manufactured this one) as new and unused. It seems to work fine, but has one strange habit.

When I take a puff and then stand it up (upright) on the table the firing button flashes 3x blue. This only happens when I put it down inside 1 second or so from pulling, definitely not if I hold it in my hand longer than that before putting it down. The e-cig is still on and working fine after it does its blinky-blinky.

If I do the above - stand it on the table inside one second - after a 5-click-safety shutdown, I get the same behavior after the usual shutdown confirmation blinks, when the e-cig should be switched off. But it isn't. To reliably switch it off, I need to wait > 1 second before putting it down.

I only own one other e-cigarette - an eGo-T starter kit sold on Amazon - and have absolutely no idea how older eGo cigs used to behave.

I did a bit of searching on this forum and the 3 blinks appear to point to a battery or voltage problem, except that my thingie works fine, the battery charged normally... it's not a VV mod, doesn't react to three clicks or long presses and only ever blinks in blue, and then always three times (shutdown confirmation).

If I'm banging it down too hard - so the battery inside jumps a little - might it be signalling undervoltage or something? The voltage supposedly drops during a puff... and might have recovered a few seconds later - so it doesn't blink...

Maybe a slighty longer battery - button-top or protected - should fix the issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik

smittytoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Texas
Set the bottom cap down on a hard surface like it is in your pic.
Hold the bottom of the spring down with a knife blade, fingernail file, or what have you, to keep the spring from coming off the little screw on the bottom cap. Stretch the spring so it keeps the battery tight against the contacts.
I have several of these and they just don't work right until the spring is stretched out some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread