Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
For all, esp. r77r7r, yotasavg, heateris and others expressing interest...

I received in the mail today a few of the "eGo-RS"s. This is an eGo type battery that uses the 14500 battery inside - so a 'non-proprietary eGo', and 'non-regulated' eGo. It is the length of a regular 900mAh batt (non-Twist) which is about a 1/2 inch longer than the regular 650mAh eGo. And it's 1mm wider (15 vs. 14mm) - not like some of the 'fat eGo's' we've seen recently. I have both the 900mAh 14500's and the 600mAh AW-IMR batts and the 600 fits just fine, whereas the 900 is a tight fit, but that's what they send in the kit. I only got the batt housings.

The top and button appear to be all 'joyetech' type stuff - white/clear led with the joye button (concave plastic) not bluish rubber of the Riva. The bottom has two small holes (might act as vents too) on the outside body with spring loaded buttons on the removeable bottom. Just turn the bottom a hair to clear the buttons and pull - no threading. Nice thick quality spring - not just a wire worked into a spiral (some will know what I'm talking about :laugh:) Positive side of the batt goes toward the top of the batt - but it has reverse batt protection. Put the spring loaded bottom and twist.... The button works just like a Joye eGo - slight fade on releasing, no stickiness ... and so far - an hour or so in, it's vaping just fine. This looks very well made - no 'wiggly' parts. I tried to wiggle the button top (where most cheap ones come loose) - very snug.

There was an earlier attempt at this with the 14500 batt - the 'NoEgo' - which got terrible reviews for the 14500 one and there was a 18650 model as well - top button area falling off, bottom batt spring breaking off, etc.

The RS has the 5 click on/off, short, charge and reverse batt protection - it may actually be an eGo-t top, but wouldn't have to be of course. I guessing the led isn't going to change colors like the c.... But I'll let you know if it does. ;)

If this holds up, it is the 'perfect' "prepper" batt for eGo users. I bought four here: (china)
TRUEMAN-ECIG(ZhengZhou) electronic cigarettes e-liquids e-juices

They have a 'kit' - 2 batts bodies, 2 batts, charger and CE4's, case for $36.50
eGo-RS Zipper Case Kit

Or you can buy the bare batt body $8.80 - 5 color choices - which is what I did.... since I have 14500s, charger and T3's :)
Trueman eGo-RS Battery Housing replacement

Or housing plus one 900mAh 14500 batt - $11.90
eGo-RS battery battery-removable

2012-Newsest-Product-EGO-RS-Battery-Replaceable.jpg

Next to eGo-t
2yw8osk.jpg

6861d1351748930-ego-rs-battery2.jpg

42697504_o1.jpg

On order confirmation email, they sent a picture of the product AND the invoice made out to me, address, etc...
Ordered late on March 28th and arrived today April 6. heaven gifts has been quicker lately, but not bad for china.... signature required on delivery. Shipping is more than US vendors but the prices are lower of course.

Years ago now, I bought some ejuice from them - they had a good 'cream' flavor at one time - I had no problems then or now with this vendor... just not a common name in the sub-forums I visit here, although I've seen them around from time to time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nice, and thanks for the review. Kind of like that bottom set-up also.

When you say that it has charging protection, does that mean that it will take an Ego charger?

Have a nice weekend- Bob.

Actually that was a mistake - short and reverse batt protection - sorry - the charge protection is in the batt and charger BUT I had the same question - I'm not going to try it on the rapid eGo charger.... yet.... :lol: I'd like to know if anyone has and I just may email 'thomas' Hu?? about that at trueman. There are a few people here - in the threads you participated in - I did a search before buying and saw only positive stuff on it but not a lot of info.... maybe a few of them have tried it.

Nice weekend back to you - so far mines going well :) I can get about 4.5 hours from the IMR AW 600mAh with a 1.8Ω T3. I've been 'power vaping' it mostly today. I'd probably throw another red batt in the pocket if I were going out with it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nice, and thanks for the review. Kind of like that bottom set-up also.

When you say that it has charging protection, does that mean that it will take an Ego charger?

Have a nice weekend- Bob.

I think this was just added to the blurb or I missed it first time around... oh, it wasn't on the housing only page... ;) :

How to charge:
1. eGo-RS battery can be charged by an eGo USB charger directly. The usual charging time is 2.5 hours.
2. eGo-RS battery can also be charged by an external charger. The output of it is 3.7v 450mah. The charging will stop automatically at 4.2v when it's fully charged.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Do these take any 14500? Protected or unprotected? Li-ion or Lithium?

i have a ton of these...
TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I found the blue trustfires a bit long - 2.05in. The AW IMR 14500's fit easily, measure around 1.93 in. Yours are in the middle. the black AW's that come with the RS are 51.33mm long so just a hair over 2 inches - so yours will likely fit IF they are the length as posted at that site. 2.01inch.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
That's a significant upgrade. Where are these to be obtained, if I may?

AW 14500 Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

But I may have been wrong on what comes with the RS - I got mine as the batt case only. Another, Glam, got with batts but the batts were 900mAh purple 14500??

ego-rs14500.jpg

Unnamed but the purple 750mAh is a samsung. Their 'blurb' somewhere is 750-900mAh so it probably depends on what they have at the time. I thought I saw some AW black batts in one of their RS sites - there's a kit, a RS+batt and RS only choices - without rechecking I thought I saw the AW black in the kit. I know the AW reds work well and the Trustfire blues are a bit too long. Next batt buy I'm going for the AW black 750. I also have a mini reo and a vmod2 which will fit any.... ;)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
This is awesome info, thank you Kent. I think I'll be getting into these next!

For me, it was a bit of a 'prepper' move, although I'm using one of them now. I have a bunch of eGo clearos - mainly T3's and don't like using adapters :) for stuff like the e-power (which I had and sold) or some of the other 'mods' that I don't care for ... although I did pick up a T2 flat head controller (fits T3, unlike some), a case and 18350 batt at @$20! - first 'tube mod' I've had since I went eGo and sold all the ones I had :laugh:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    ecab v2... very nice!

DON'T buy this. We bought 5 kits and ALL 5 came apart at the heads. Each one shorted and colapsed the heat spring. The heads are not pressed in correctly and are Loose. Going with the EGO-RS this time. IF the ECAB would hold up they would be great product.

View attachment 219244 [/QUOTE]

This wasn't user error like bending over with it in your pocket?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    DON'T buy this. We bought 5 kits and ALL 5 came apart at the heads. Each one shorted and colapsed the heat spring. The heads are not pressed in correctly and are Loose. Going with the EGO-RS this time. IF the ECAB would hold up they would be great product.

View attachment 219244

This wasn't user error like bending over with it in your pocket?[/QUOTE]

That is a shame that has happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread