Ego style VS 18650 style, that much differennce or is my Ego weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
I have very little personal experience with PVs. The only two I have seen in person I own, an Apollo Ego-vv Variable Voltage, and a Vamo. I did have some problems with the Vamo and its being replaced. Here is what I noticed though-

The Ego seems to take a few good puffs to warm up. It takes 3-4 to get a good satisfying vape. If I turn the voltage up, I start getting a burnt taste after 3-4 puffs. I just assumed this is normal. For the very limited time I had my Vamo, it seemed to give a very good vape the first time I push the button and the same vape 15-20 later when I put it down. So now I wonder if my Ego has a problem or is it just having that much more power and control available on hand do what its supposed to do anyway?

Wondering if anyone else noticed this..

Thanks
Grimm

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
It depends on what your using on top? what resistance? A vamo is a big step up in performance but probably a step down in quality from what Ive been seeing. If your using something with a wick try keeping it tilted so the wicks don't run dry. If its a lower oHm you will get a burnt taste because your burning the wick. your LR coils are so hot they are vaping the juice faster then the wicks can absorb it.

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
This was with a CE4 Clearo, Ive tossed these since I got my Kangar T2s and T3s. Much better product than the CE4. There may be some good CE4s out there. These were from Apollo and I was not happy with them. I'm not so sure the Vamo is a step down in quality from the Apollo. I'm pretty sure there are much better egos than what I'm using. The rear cap has already fallen off, twice now. I contacted customer support on a week old device and they told me to glue it back on. Now the pin in the center of theh 510 connection is loose. Luckily I have a 510 to ego adapter for my Vamo (because the Kangers will not fit down into the recess like the CE4) so I got the pin lined up and put the adapter on it to hold the pin straight. Works for now while my Vamo is being replaced. So far not happy with Apollo and probably will not order from them again. Also their juice is $10 for 10ml. Pretty pricy. Also what broke my Ego was a Titan Clearo from them. Said on the website it was compatible but it pushed the pin down in and made it loose. Anyway /rant off.

Last edited:

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
I'm a phone man. Out and about all day in a company truck. I have a drip setup on the way. It will not be going to work with me. I need something I can fill and vape from. I have considered a tank setup. Seems they are messy to fill? Cant have messy in my company truck. They clearos may not be good but they do get the nicotine into my system. Mission accomplished while working.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have very little personal experience with PVs. The only two I have seen in person I own, an Apollo Ego-vv Variable Voltage, and a Vamo. I did have some problems with the Vamo and its being replaced. Here is what I noticed though-

The Ego seems to take a few good puffs to warm up. It takes 3-4 to get a good satisfying vape. If I turn the voltage up, I start getting a burnt taste after 3-4 puffs. I just assumed this is normal. For the very limited time I had my Vamo, it seemed to give a very good vape the first time I push the button and the same vape 15-20 later when I put it down. So now I wonder if my Ego has a problem or is it just having that much more power and control available on hand do what its supposed to do anyway?

Wondering if anyone else noticed this..

Thanks
Grimm

Hi Grimmtech,
I haven't used the Apollo vv but it is a smaller device and the battery will drain faster. It may also have some voltage drop. I've seen people notice a difference going from a twist to a Vamo too.
The Vamo maintains voltage or wattage under load throughout the battery charge - so you will get a consistent vape from it. A combination of a bigger battery and consistent power will be what you've experienced with the Vamo I think. Not a step down in quality. :)

Last edited:

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
I have the same experience with my 7 Ego twists!! lol. Thats why I have lots of them. I have them all charged and ready to go and I figure roughly half way through the life of the batteries vape time, I just switch it out for one of the other fully charged ones. This is the difference between say the Vamo and an Ego or any good pro Mod. You got it!

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
It depends on what your using on top? what resistance? A vamo is a big step up in performance but probably a step down in quality from what Ive been seeing. If your using something with a wick try keeping it tilted so the wicks don't run dry. If its a lower oHm you will get a burnt taste because your burning the wick. your LR coils are so hot they are vaping the juice faster then the wicks can absorb it.

Are you saying i should prolly use 2.4 and not 1.8 atty with my VVego? i was told too use a lower ohm for a less powerful batt,was i misuderstanding something or got the wrong info?

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
This was with a CE4 Clearo, Ive tossed these since I got my Kangar T2s and T3s. Much better product than the CE4. There may be some good CE4s out there. These were from Apollo and I was not happy with them. I'm not so sure the Vamo is a step down in quality from the Apollo. I'm pretty sure there are much better egos than what I'm using. The rear cap has already fallen off, twice now. I contacted customer support on a week old device and they told me to glue it back on. Now the pin in the center of theh 510 connection is loose. Luckily I have a 510 to ego adapter for my Vamo (because the Kangers will not fit down into the recess like the CE4) so I got the pin lined up and put the adapter on it to hold the pin straight. Works for now while my Vamo is being replaced. So far not happy with Apollo and probably will not order from them again. Also their juice is $10 for 10ml. Pretty pricy. Also what broke my Ego was a Titan Clearo from them. Said on the website it was compatible but it pushed the pin down in and made it loose. Anyway /rant off.

Isnt apollo a no name brand or a knock off joyetech ego,sorry.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
it's "sort of" wrong info.

I equate battery "size" to longevity or mAh. When talking about atomizer resistance, we're really getting into Ohms Law (google it) and mAh has no baring on Ohms law.

An eGo will vape a 1.8 well, in fact it's what I'd suggest... With VV it will allow you to use a lower voltage to achieve comparable wattage... a 3.7v eGo powers a 1.8r atty at 7.6 Watts... 3.8v gives you 8 watts... Most people like to vape at about 8 watts.

Simple Ohms Law Calculator. (Just ignor "Current", it works with any combination of P & R, E & R, E & P)

Less Voltage used to achieve the same wattage will give you better battery life.

Last edited:

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Cant you cancel it?

Unfortunately no... I didnt think Apollo was a below standard company. I liked the fact they ship internationally and to my country most places like MadVapes and VaporBeast dont ship to Sri Lanka.

Guess I have to wait and see.
Its a ego vv with 650maH capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread