eGo style VV Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison76

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Columbia, SC
This is just a general discussion question regarding eGo style variable voltage batteries.

I always see folks using and recommending the Twist style variable voltage devices but never see any discussion on the eGo-v style devices. Is there a reason?

I use the eGo-v (am waiting on my first upgrade). It has been great. I've not used a Twist, but would think the digital display on the v would make it a better device.

Just curious about that.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The Spinners and Twists, for the same capacity, are cheaper. The eGo-v - at least in its SLB incarnation, goes a volt higher. But costs more. That can be a factor for some.

It may just be a question of availability - the SLB seems to be rarely in stock.

The display itself doesn't make it better, they all do about the same thing. Being a pass thru would be considered better by some :)

Madison76

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Columbia, SC
Regarding availability I've never seen a spinner or twist.

I forgot to add that the v does go up to 6.0 volts which also makes it better (though the battery life remain a lot to be desired). I am often vaping it while on the charger because of the battery.

I think I could go on using the v for a long, long time with no regret. I will admit, I have a Vamo on the way - mostly for battery life.

jrod_141

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
one of my first ego batts was a vv2 mega. it works great! i also beat the living crap out of it! dropped it, made the head pop off and dangle from the wires (multiple times). put it back together, works great! only drawback is the power output. i don't use anything below 1.5 ohms on it, because the battery isn't big enough

MainMast

Jul 16, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
This is just a general discussion question regarding eGo style variable voltage batteries.

I always see folks using and recommending the Twist style variable voltage devices but never see any discussion on the eGo-v style devices. Is there a reason?

I use the eGo-v (am waiting on my first upgrade). It has been great. I've not used a Twist, but would think the digital display on the v would make it a better device.

Just curious about that.

I've had the eGo-V, Spinner and the Twist in 1000mah as well as the eGo upgrades and the Sigelei Rev 3 Zmax. The Twist seems to be better constructed over the Spinner but my experience found both run thru the battery life quicker than a 650mah eGo upgrade on high voltage by far. The variable voltage came in handy for getting a little more life out of a coil. I'm sure if you are using a rebuildable atty, a high end model is helpful but the VV/VW thrill wore off quickly. Simply keeping a fresh coil and keeping my tanks clean and clear produce the best vape for me.

After a few months of being in my pocket the head popped off like Jrod's and I had to solder the wires back on. The mount of the Zmax started spinning inside after a few drops. The regular eGo's and eGo upgrades have proven the most durable but the chargers kept going bad from the wires. The Bolt is my latest attempt and so far, I'm super happy with it.

My eGo-V stopped charging from built-in mini-usb port after a few months, then it was back to the problems with the eGo chargers.

ca_girl2tx_girl

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Corinth, TX
I tried the eGo Twist and I didn't like the strength it had. It didn't give enough of a throat hit and I think that it was actually weaker than my eGo-T I had. I just started with my first upgrade of the eGo-V V2 Mega and I love it. I have also noticed that there aren't a lot of discussion on these devices and a lot of people suggest the twist, but I personally didn't like it, however, someone else may find it to be the perfect device for them. I like the display on the device because it tells you where the battery level is and digitally tells you what you are vaping at.

ca_girl2tx_girl

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Corinth, TX
Regarding availability I've never seen a spinner or twist.

I forgot to add that the v does go up to 6.0 volts which also makes it better (though the battery life remain a lot to be desired). I am often vaping it while on the charger because of the battery.

I think I could go on using the v for a long, long time with no regret. I will admit, I have a Vamo on the way - mostly for battery life.

If the battery is draining fast on you, I would possibly look into the V2 Mega. It is a 1200 mah bat I believe and I vape on it all day and plug it in at night to charge. Also, how long are you allowing it to charge? I learned this with the first 650 mah battery I had, I would only let it charge until the battery on the display showed full, but the bat really wasn't full. You have to let it charge the time that it states in the booklet. For example, my device I have now says it should charge for 3.5-4 hours, but within 2.5 hours the display battery says it is full. The battery on the device isn't accurate, but it does give me an idea on how my battery is doing. I also forgot to add that I use my device at about 4.5-5 V and am able to vape all day and I have a 2.5 ohm DCT.

Last edited:
I have had the twist and liked it once I learned how to use it w/o trying to look at the readings. I currently have the eGo VV2 and have been loving it. But this weekend when I pulled it off the usb charge the whole bottom came with it. It is hitting barely must be on lowest setting. The holes where the buttons went to to push it up and down are gone. Is this fixable or to the scrap box it goes. Just FYI am not that technical and have not tried to do anything myself but clean and replace. Thanks.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Just curious about that.

Maybe they're not widely available?....they aren't in the UK.
Everywhere sells S + T.

As you say, a digital readout is cool....

SnapperJR, I think you are going to like the twist. The numbering at the bottom is difficult to read but if you just remember that all the way right is 3.2 and each click left is .2 until you reach the stop and that is 4.8. It was really a good steady battery for me. I gave my Dad one after he had been vaping for about 3 weeks. Now he has two.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I tried the VOT vv/pass-through (an eGo style battery) but I was not pleased with battery time. Of course, I could vape forever if it was plugged in but only a couple hours on battery. It was 1000mAh and was rated at 230 "puffs" It had a puff counted and it delivered right at that amount, sometimes a little more. I just expect more out of 1000mAh batteries and I was only using it at 4-4.2 volts. So I was disappointed. I was not aware of the limited battery time when I got it.

I want to say that MadVapes (Dave) has been absolutely wonderful about my disappointment with the product. We corresponded, I worked with the battery for a couple more days and was still unhappy. I just mailed it back and will have full store credit. I will probably go with a ZMax. It costs a bit more at MadVapes but you cannot put a price tag on customer service. MadVapes has made a customer very happy.

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
Apollo Ecigs has a 1200mah ego vv with a lifetime warrantee. 44.99, free shipping over 30 bux. Bought one as a gift, and my friend has been absolutely ecstatic with it. Buying two for myself to replace the 3 regular ego batts I have. I love my mvp, but its a bit bulky to lug around work....
ego variable voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread