Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So, I just changed the head on my Iclear 16 to a 1.5 ohm head after the original needed to be replaced. First I put it on my ego-t upgrade and it flashed like it does when the battery is dieing, well i didnt think that the battery shoulda been dead yet but didnt think much of it so I put I plugged it in (its a passthrough) and put the i clear on my other 650 mah ego-t. the moment I fired it the board instantly fried. I took it off but the light stayed on although i dont think it was actualy firing didnt get hot or anything. Well the light would not go off no matter what so instead of running the chance of it blowing up or something crazy I took the head off and cut the power wire. So any ideas on what just went down? Also on what I can do to fix it or salvage parts?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So, I just changed the head on my Iclear 16 to a 1.5 ohm head after the original needed to be replaced. First I put it on my ego-t upgrade and it flashed like it does when the battery is dieing, well i didnt think that the battery shoulda been dead yet but didnt think much of it so I put I plugged it in (its a passthrough) and put the i clear on my other 650 mah ego-t. the moment I fired it the board instantly fried. I took it off but the light stayed on although i dont think it was actualy firing didnt get hot or anything. Well the light would not go off no matter what so instead of running the chance of it blowing up or something crazy I took the head off and cut the power wire. So any ideas on what just went down? Also on what I can do to fix it or salvage parts?

I'd check the ohms on the new head..... and not put it on another battery until you do. If 1.5 or above, then it should be good. eGo's sometimes have a hard time under 1.7 ohms unless they're Joye and using Joye LRs..... for some reason. Anything below 1.5, esp. around 1.0 or below will fry most eGos. What likely happened is that you blew the short protection earlier and it still worked but another shot got it. OR.... it was defective in the first place.

Salvage? There's a lot of videos on fixing eGos.... also places you can send them but it's probably not worth the cost of repair and shipping.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread