Ego-t dropped in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaylamitchelll

Mar 3, 2018
Okay so earlier I dropped my ego-t in a puddle but picked it up and dried it right after. It still worked later with my cartridge so i thought it was fine. I just now got a new cartridge and it won’t work with the new one? Like no smoke comes out. I thought it was something with the battery but then I put the previous cartridge back in and it worked just fine again. Why is it not working with the new one?

GiddyLydia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
Kentucky
The fact that it works with one cartridge and not another probably means you just have a bad coil (the part that heats up) in that cartridge. The batteries are sealed, so a few seconds in water is not likely to have any effect on them.
BTW, knowing how to lift the button by easing it up with a straight pin as AZ suggests is still good basic info to have.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I personally am merely amazed that ego Ts are even still around. That’s some seriously outmoded kit there. At any rate don’t assume your cartridge is broken just yet. I haven’t smoked one of those things for near 10 years, but iirc there is some manufacturing variance as to how low the canter pin goes and if the new one is shorter than the old one the center pin may not be making contact. The cartridge could also be bad of course. No way to tell from here. I agree about the water dunk not being a likely cause of your issue though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It won't move much, just enough to make contact with the center pin on the atomizer
Quite. We’re talking maybe a half a millimeter max. If this diagnosis is correct the new cartridge will work, but if you put the old one back in the new one will no longer work until you raise the battery center contact again. The thing is just a free floating metal nub inside a rubber grommet so there isn’t much in the way of spring to it. If you push it down it tends to stay down.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    So I tried heating the cartridge up with a blow dryer for a few seconds and when I tried it out it actually worked and produced vapor but it only lasts like 10 mins. Idk how to fix the cartridge permanently and I cant Just dispose of this one I spent a decent amount of money on it.
    Are you trying this with the battery that you got wet?

• Agree

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    It would be helpful to know what 'cartridge' / delivery device you're talking about.
    Name or picture?
    When the term cartridge is used most folks envision an old school ego t 3 piece attomizer or disposable clearo of some sort, maybe a cartomizer.
    But, those would be a few dollars each or less.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So I tried heating the cartridge up with a blow dryer for a few seconds and when I tried it out it actually worked and produced vapor but it only lasts like 10 mins. Idk how to fix the cartridge permanently and I cant Just dispose of this one I spent a decent amount of money on it.
    Heat it up and it worked? New one on me. Did you try raising the center pin on the battery?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have no idea what is going on with your vape. Too many variables. I might (gently) suggest that if tossing a bad cartomizer (and if you have a third, new one, I would try THAT one) is "way too expensive" that you consider a different type of setup that might be more cost effective. Cartomizers tend not to be, but especially since you just dropped your vape in water, perhaps a slightly newer setup (I'd suggest a MTL atomizer coupled with perhaps an internal battery if you want to keep things simpler, maybe a setup like and Aspire zelos mod with a Nautilus 2 atomizer that you fill and vape, but you are only replacing the coil, so it's less costly over time) might be the way to go?

I'd also suggest taking your setup and some cartomizers to a good vape shop if you have one near you, that might help in trying to isolate exactly what the problem is. It's possible you have an electrical fault in your mod that is intermittent, it could certainly be the 510 pin, since you dropped, depending on how much force, it could have gotten "wonky" somehow, or it could be a bad cartridge.

But as of right now, I have no idea what the problem could be. If the vape shop can't help, you'd be looking at another vape anyway, it might be useful to consider other options besides cartos, especially if "your carto" (again no idea what it is) is "that expensive."

Best of luck I hope you either get it sorted out or move on to something better suited for you. With that said, if this is your preferred way of vaping, you may need to look at repair or replace, I'm sorry to have to say.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

Mikaylamitchelll

Mar 3, 2018
    It would be helpful to know what 'cartridge' / delivery device you're talking about.
    Name or picture?
    When the term cartridge is used most folks envision an old school ego t 3 piece attomizer or disposable clearo of some sort, maybe a cartomizer.
    its a heavy hitter thx
    Name or picture?
    its a thc cartridge from a brand called heavy hitters

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    This isn't your father's ego T. It's a rather "unique" product meant for something (starts with the letters "can....") other than vaping e-liquid. Mods will probably delete the video, sorry in advance.

@Mikaylamitchelll, if you're SERIOUS about VAPING, get yourelf some REAL vape gear.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread