Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
We just received a batch of the new EGO-T mod Control Unit upgrades. These, like the EGO-C Upgrade batteries, allow for the user to toggle between regulated, and unregulated voltage!

Joye eGo-T MOD - Control Unit

Control Units for the Joye eGo-T MOD - Battery Tubes. Steel in color, with translucent silicone button. Features 5-Click ON/OFF function.

To toggle between Regulated, and Unregulated Voltage modes, deactivate the device by clicking the switch 5 times. Once deactivated, hold down the switch (approx. 5 seconds) until it flashes 3 times. During Regulated Voltage Output mode, the LED will be White. During Unregulated Voltage Output mode, the LED will be Orange.

Regulated Voltage ~ 3.4-3.3v

Unregulated Voltage ~ 4.2-3.3v

(numbers are approximate, based on the use of a standard 3.7v Li-ion 18650 rechargeable battery)

here's a pic of mine, with a couple ICR123a's inside:
control unit, 6v.jpg

you can't really tell in the pic, but when in unregulated voltage output mode, the LED is a soft orange color, as opposed to the standard bright white light, in regulated output mode.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hey Salt long time no talk, I have one of these and have the upgraded head that switches between regulated and non regulated. I was wondering what the Amp limit is on this switch ? I asked the vendor where I got it and he never could tell me the answer. I wanted to run 2 x 3.2v LiFePO4'S FOR 6V like you are demonstration, but didnt want to blow the new head unit I got, can you find out what the Amp limit is on this thing for me ?

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Hey guys,

I have a question about these eGo-T upgrades you are using. I have bought 2 controllers, one V1 and 1 V2, and a genuine Joyetech tube (from other vendors). You appear to be able to run a couple of 16340s and ICR125s in them when I can't even get a plain Jane 18650 to fire it. All I get is 3 button flashes with both controllers when a device is screwed on it. I thought for sure that the V2 would fix my problem. I have tried my whole arsenal of juice delivery vehicles on it, but no go. Have either of you seen this? There aren't a lot of threads on ECF regarding this mod. I'm at a loss. It's driving me insane(er). Any help will be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread